• April 18, 2024, 12:29:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-330 To Windows Server 2003 running RRAS  (Read 3097 times)

bssorrell

• Level 1 Member
DIR-330 To Windows Server 2003 running RRAS
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I am about to buy and would like to see anyone has done what I am planning and most importantly how well it worked for them.

I am planning on replacing our home router (linksys) with a DIR-330.  I plan to have the DIR-330 act as a client and establish a VPN tunnel to a Win 2003 Server I have at my office.  I would like all the PC's at home to be able to traverse the tunnel and access resources on the office network (Terminal Services, a Database, and File Shares).  The Win 2003 is behind a DIR-655.

Currently I have the DIR-655 at the office configed to forward PPTP and RDP to the Win 2003 server and all is working fine.  I am able to access those resources from home usint VPN passthrough without a problem.   I would like to remove the necessity of the users (read my wife and kids) to have to build individual tunnels.

Does anyone have any experience with something similar?  If so how stable is it?  I don't want to create a ton of support work for myself at home, I have enough of that at work :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:49:46 AM by bssorrell »