• March 28, 2024, 02:00:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How do I revert back to a previous version of firmware?  (Read 7069 times)

kevinla

• Level 3 Member
How do I revert back to a previous version of firmware?
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »

I upgraded to 1.11 and the "G" card on our network is not working.  It was working fine on 1.10.  I can't think of what it might be.  Is there something I need to change on the network card?  The USB adapter attached is not as stable.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:56:13 PM by kevinla »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: How do I revert back to a previous version of firmware?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:01:02 PM »

I upgraded to 1.11 and the "G" card on our network is not working.  It was working fine on 1.10.  I can't think of what it might be.  Is there something I need to change on the network card?

Hi kevinla,

Make sure the 802.11 mode: is broadcasting Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g

Check the Network Lock or Network Filter. Make sure the Wireless G Computer is listed. If not, turn off the Network Lock until after all computers are reconnected.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

kevinla

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:20:11 PM »

Hi kevinla,

Make sure the 802.11 mode: is broadcasting Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g

Check the Network Lock or Network Filter. Make sure the Wireless G Computer is listed. If not, turn off the Network Lock until after all computers are reconnected.

What is the Network Lock or Network Filter?

How do I revert back to a previous firmware in case I can't get it to work.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »

Same way you upgrade, just point the firmware upgrade program to the old file and hit upload.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »

What is the Network Lock or Network Filter?

How do I revert back to a previous firmware in case I can't get it to work.

Hi kevinla,

For the Network Filter, click on the Advanced tab in the D-Link Router Settings.

Question: Why not install Network Magic that came with the D-Link Router to help you with your Network?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

kevinla

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:20:12 PM »

Hi kevinla,

For the Network Filter, click on the Advanced tab in the D-Link Router Settings.

Question: Why not install Network Magic that came with the D-Link Router to help you with your Network?

I finally got the G network card to work.  However now I am having connection issues with the Dlink DWA-142 USB card. Every 15-20 minutes I lose the connection.  I am not sure if this is relevant, but the home network icon in the Windows tray in the lower right hand corner says I am still connected.   I am using the software that came with the Dlink DWA-142 to connect. Would using the Network Magic possibly give a better connection.  Is that found on the CD that came with the router?  I thought the Network Magic was only to set up the router on the host computer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:00:27 AM by kevinla »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »

I finally got the G network card to work.  However now I am having connection issues with the Dlink DWA-142 USB card. Every 15-20 minutes I lose the connection.  I am not sure if this is relevant, but the home network icon in the Windows tray in the lower right hand corner says I am still connected.   I am using the software that came with the Dlink DWA-142 to connect. Would using the Network Magic possibly give a better connection.  Is that found on the CD that came with the router?  I thought the Network Magic was only to set up the router on the host computer.

Hi kevinla,

No, Network Magic is installed on each computer.

See http://www.networkmagic.com for more information.

Once Network Magic is downloaded, make sure to go into Computer Bios and disable the onboard Ethernet Port, especially when using Network Magic's Wireless Network Manager. Also uninstall the D-Link's Wireless Network Manager. You may need to uninstall both at first. Just reinstall the Wireless Drivers for the USB Device.

Now install Network Magic.

It should work, okay.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:04:08 PM »

The CD has two programs one is the Quick Router Setup (QRS). You just run it from the CD before installing your new router.
The other program is network magic. it is installed on all the computers to join you "network". For trouble shooting it creates a network map with icon of your layout. It also have features that allow you to set up  file and printer sharing, etc.

almost ready to split this topic.

Meanest person you know