• March 28, 2024, 04:47:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Can't view on iPhone mydlink App over cellular - (T-Mobile)  (Read 51450 times)

whodunits

• Level 1 Member

Once OWLR supports HTTPS on iOS devices, this may also be a viable and secure alternative to mydlink lite (will require manual port forwarding and DDNS if WAN IP dynamic).  More info: https://owlr.uservoice.com/forums/245994-general/suggestions/9792345-connect-using-https

Fingers still crossed D-link will be able to resolve this soon.

CRAGER

• Level 1 Member

I have been fighting with D-Link for over 6 months with this issue.  I have taken down my cameras and have begun purchasing replacements.

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE.  D-Link has had this "under review" since November of 2016!  I purchased these cameras in order to monitor my house and after numerous frustrating phone calls and support conversations - connecting via a 3rd party application or setting up a VPN in order to view these cameras remotely when ANY OTHER mobile device on ANY OTHER carrier can view the cameras without any issues is NOT a fix.

I will say, the individuals that have helped me on this message board have been great and have done their best to help me with my issues outside of D-Link support.  Thank you all for such rapid response.  Unfortunately, there is only so much the members on this board can do when the company refuses to fix a glaring issue with their app.  The fact that the top 3 out of 4 viewed threads within this forum all deal with 3G/4G connectivity outlines that there is an ongoing problem.

Sorry for the rant.  Having a child soon, and I'm having to change platforms for video monitoring.

I'm in the same exact boat. Just switched back to iPhone (it's been years) and I've ran into this issue. I have a few days left to return iPhone which is probably my only resolve.

Why is there no MYDLINK+ app for iPhone, iPad's and all android phones have it and seems to always run better. My LG phone works on both MYDLINK and MYDLINK+ apps just fine, my wife's Galaxy s6 works on both apps just fine as well. All with or without wifi. About to test iPhone 6+ Sprint.

What other brand cameras did you switch to, and how do they compare? I'd hate to switch out my 5 D'Link cameras but it's either ditch D'Link or iPhone.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

The problem is between T-Mobile and D-Link. T-Mobile service has this issue only. ATT and Verizon are not effected. All my cameras work well on AT&T.
D-Link is having issues since some of there development on cameras are not in the USA and at there HQ in Taiwan. T-Mobile doesn't have any services over there so this is having problems with getting this fixed. D-Link is aware of the issues and is trying to get this resolved.

I do hope D-Link can get it fixed however it may be taking longer than expected. I also don't want to recommend changing phone service providers as some users maybe tied to a contract with T-Mobile and can't just hop to something different.

One work around currently is to configure a VPN with the iPhone and your home network system. Other users have posted that this works for them while using the T-Mobile service.

The cameras and your iPhone HW are fine. It's the services between D-Link and T-Mobile that have to be resolved.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

CRAGER

• Level 1 Member

Yeah I just figured out it's only TMobile. Phones I've tested with my cameras were an iPhone 4 Verizon no problem, iphone 7 IOS 10.3.2 Sprint no problem, and just now tested iPhone 7+ IOS 10.3.2 AT&T no problem either.

I do not have to leave carrier because I can return this recent iPhone 7+ and go back to my LG or any android phones that I have had for years working just fine. Android Play Store even have a MyDLink+ app that works even better than LITE.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Ok. Not sure why T-Mobile is the only phone service with this issue.  ::)
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Update:
Got information that D-Link that they have been working on this and a fix is near and on the horizon.

Thanks for being patient in all of this. Will post soon as I get more information.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

PlaceboAddy

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-933L - Can't view on iPhone mydlink App over cellular - (T-Mobile)
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »

(SORRY SO LONG)  I really don't have any solution, only an explanation as to why I don't believe Tmobile holds the entire blame, if any at all.

SIDENOTE:  Whoever the person is ... posting they're going to swap out their iPhone:
    (1)  It's not a hardware issue, and DEFINITELY not your iPhone.
    (2)  Even if you don't believe anyone - good luck with trying to swap your iPhone either Apple direct or with an Apple Store.  You won't get anywhere.
Just understand, know and be resolved in knowing it's NOT a hardware issue.  Your iPhone is FINE.

-------------------------------
I don't quite believe this is a T-Mobile issue either  - as they've been outright blamed here.  We've had either at one time or another, one to several different versions and models of d-link cameras, and using on different versions of d-link's lite app succesfully.  We've also been with T-mobile, basically ever since they started up in the states, NINETEEN years.

This error number has historically reared it's head several times over the years, and it's ANNOYING to see it when it does because it's always been on d-link's side, and they seem ALWAYS slow to move to correct it whenever people start reporting it.  The only good thing about it is (if any)  there's enough wifi /hotspots around thta you can connect to - you can get around the problem.

"Getting around" the problem, or doing a "work around," however, should NOT be required!  Granted - I'm totally grateful to what D-link DOES provide.  For example: I can set up email and video /pic file notifications for I believe pretty much all our cameras.  Foscam, for example - you get to do the same process for ONLY ONE camera.  How lame.  They aren't even storing your image(s).  BUT... when D-link already is aware of this type of issue, they are extremely slow to address the issue, and worse to deny the issue, and not provide any viable short term solution.

BACK TO TMOBILE:
Here's the deal - D-link has historically had issues with it's updates and this error.  Their App version history shows they've had FOUR updates just this year alone.  However, this error  has NOT been a constant with Tmobile, and as mentioned, I can attest to being with Tmobile for 19 years.

D-link  recently had issues with the last couple versions of their app.  With the last version, maybe two ago - the app wouldn't even give an error.  It simply CRASHED every time I tried using cellular.  After updating the app - without crashes, I was able to connect via cellular again, just fine with Tmobile. 

Before - with this error I had been told (or I read)  to disconnect and reconnect the cameras displaying the error.
       OH YEA... because that's the "OTHER THING".  Not until this last bout, we would not get this error for all our cameras.  Only one or some would display the error, and once we  reset the power - the error was gone.  However, it seems (as I've tried) this is not an option this time.

All this to say - maybe it is the way Tmobile delivers it's data (CDN) at certain times, and probably not.  But we've had no connectivity issues for the last few months, since the app was updated (partially for crashes, maybe)   But using Tmobile in these last few months , we've had  successful operation, so I don't know how Tmobile could be to blame in totality?   It's gotta be in the app. 

Someone replied early on here reporting the POST #5  was a successful option.  And if you don't have VPN like most of us don't - it might work for you.   I've not had a chance to try it, but someone right after the post - reported success. You'll just want to make note of your initial settings so you can change back to your original settings.

The post noting something was - "in the works"  (referred to via a link in the last post)  was made nearly three weeks ago.  So lets hope D-link gets a REAL FIX SOONER than later.  Unfortunately,  D-link knows the issue... but always slow to move.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2017, 02:08:55 PM »

T-Mobile is not 100% of the blame. It was a combination of iOS 10.2.x (and up), mydink app, and T-Mobile (after the IPv6-only rollout). T-Mobile with Android had zero issues. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:10:51 PM by GreenBay42 »

PlaceboAddy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »

Probably obvious reasons why...
I can access cameras from my iPhone 6s+ when connected to my Tmobile cellular hotspot. 

Obviously... some of that portal traffic being routed through... even though a cellular hotspot - it's handled as though going through a regular wifi router? ?

That's an assumption /guess / and question.

TO DATE:
I still can't access cameras via my Tmobile phone /service, even though I could just a couple weeks ago.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2017, 04:05:51 PM »

The problem occurs when using 3g/4g/4glte.  I am not sure how T-Mobile cellular hot spots are set up but I assume similar to connecting through a wi-fi router.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »

App for iOS + T-Mobile has been fixed. Update to version 3.8.1.

mariorossi98

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2017, 10:04:12 AM »

Hi there,

Unfortunately the problem doesn’t seem to have been fixed properly: I am from Italy and have the exact same error described here, even on the “fixed” version of the application.  The workaround with VPN applies too. I could reproduce this with at least two carriers: Vodafone and Wind, both on Android and iOS devices.

Are you aware of the fact that the problem persists with non-US carriers? When can an updated version of the application be expected that solves the issue properly?

Cheers from Rome

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »

There hasn't been any reports of issues with this problem after the fix came out for USA users on T-Mobile.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

Hi there,

Unfortunately the problem doesn’t seem to have been fixed properly: I am from Italy and have the exact same error described here, even on the “fixed” version of the application.  The workaround with VPN applies too. I could reproduce this with at least two carriers: Vodafone and Wind, both on Android and iOS devices.

Are you aware of the fact that the problem persists with non-US carriers? When can an updated version of the application be expected that solves the issue properly?

Cheers from Rome

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »

You may want to contact the mydlink team - https://www.mydlink.com/contact

Supply them with the the app version and the exact version of your OS on the device that is not working.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]