• April 23, 2024, 02:03:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Terrible low speed on 2.4 and 5 ghz  (Read 2610 times)

magny

• Level 1 Member
Terrible low speed on 2.4 and 5 ghz
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:59:33 PM »

Hi everybody, i recently purchased this router. It has latest 1.21EU firmware. I have no problems as regards reboots, overheating and so on...bu i am VERY DISAPPOINTED as the strenght of 5 ghz and even 2.4 signal is VERY POOR! Is it possible i get 50% signal only a room away from my router place with only a wall between??? 5 ghz signal is the WORST...if i close the door the signal can't basically get out of the room!!!
My old dlink 2740b in my parents home is more more powerful as to the signal! And my parents home is three times larger than mine!!!
What can i do to have a better signal? Should i downgrade (if possible) to a previous firmware?
Please help...thanks in advance

magny

• Level 1 Member
Re: Terrible low speed on 2.4 and 5 ghz
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:59:22 AM »

I've found if i force wlan in G mode instead of mixed N/g mode connection is more stable and i don't get lots of tx packets dropped and errors!!!
This is really weird!
My panasonic tv has an N dongle but in N mode i get only lots of errors!!! In G mode everything seems better!
What's the matter with this router???
Is this an N router that don't support N properly?