• April 18, 2024, 10:39:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Firmware 1.05 release  (Read 13814 times)

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: Firmware 1.05 release
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »

It might be an idea to post the make and model of your disks - it may be disk related - I've upgraded my unit tow or three days ago and have not noticed any issues similar to those you describe.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

bspvette86

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 07:17:57 PM »

Jtrevill,
I am using basically the same drives with the minor number at the end being different.  (WD5000AAKS-00YGA)  I am not having any problems with a RAID-0 config on 1.05.  I use mine as a household file and media server.  

Regards,
bspvette86

robmoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »

I'm experiencing what may be a variation on this. I set up the dns-323 with JBOD RAID type and have had no problems. I upgraded to the new firmware and everything appeared fine but I noticed that the next morning I had the amber (pink) LEDs as well. However, I can still access the volume without any problems. If I reboot the same scenario occurs -- blue LEDs at first and then amber LEDs after some period of time. I'm not sure if this is normal but when I go to the status page in the admin UI, I notice it has RAID 0 as my volume type -- I can't say what the value was prior to the firmware upgrade.

robmoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »

OK, some corrections to my previous post. After the drives turn amber, I am not able to access them. Not sure why I thought otherwise. I am able to access the admin app but the status shows no issues. Also, I am receiving email alerts that the drives have failed-- just had a config wrong so they were being rejected by my ISP.

Also, it seems like the lights turned amber at or just after midnight. This seems significant -- not sure how though.

If I reboot the device there's a lot of disk activity but it is available eventually until the next morning...

jtrevill

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 10:09:42 AM »

Rob,

That was the exact issue I was having!  I just reverted my firmware back to 1.04 and the problem went away...  Sadly I guess I will wait until 1.06...

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 10:18:35 AM »

jtrevill

After your reboot and the LEDs are now blue does everything seem to now be working properly? Have you received any further email regarding drive failure?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

jtrevill

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 10:21:13 AM »

After I reboot the DNS-323 everything is working as expected, all access to the drives returns, and the blue lights come back.  However, the following night, it will return to the same state and send me the drives failed email again.

Thanks!

robmoore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 11:09:43 PM »

jtrevill: Thanks for confirming the issue -- I was starting to feel like I was unique and maybe there was something else that was a problem. Thanks to you I went back to the 1.04 firmware and all is well again.
Pages: 1 [2]