The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-827

New - DIR-827 FW v1.05 Build 06 Officially Released - NA Region Only!!!

<< < (2/4) > >>

FurryNutz:
We believe in part that heat issues are HW related and can't be fixed by FW.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56608.0

IT's been found that the composite heat sink either need to be replaced with metal sinks or the addition of adding a laptop cooler in most cases helps resolve heat issues.

You still have your 827?

--- Quote from: ektorbarajas on April 29, 2014, 08:39:53 PM ---Hi.

Has anyone with the overheating issues tried this firmware?

--- End quote ---

ektorbarajas:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 30, 2014, 07:08:39 AM ---Any status on this?

v1.05 works for me.

--- End quote ---
Hi FurryNutz, since you also reported having the overheating issues, does v1.05 helps to diminish or solve this? have you noticed any improvement?

I eventually have the overheating issue (seems that sometimes the external cooler is not cooling enough, so DIR-827 collapses and I lost WiFi, have to powercycle it).

Thanks
Hector

FurryNutz:
I haven't seen any issues with v1.05 and it runs well. However I have done the DIY mod for the heat sink problem which I presume may resolve your units issues.

I recommend reviewing the mod info and if you can, I would go ahead and do it. I presume that the composite heat sinks may not be enough or they are separating from the chips they are supposed to be attached too thus not helping in dissipating the heat.

ektorbarajas:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 30, 2014, 08:04:13 AM ---I haven't seen any issues with v1.05 and it runs well. However I have done the DIY mod for the heat sink problem which I presume may resolve your units issues.

I recommend reviewing the mod info and if you can, I would go ahead and do it. I presume that the composite heat sinks may not be enough or they are separating from the chips they are supposed to be attached too thus not helping in dissipating the heat.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I cannot mod or even open the DIR-827 it's property of my ISP not mine.

The unit was working fine with other cooling base (now I'm using another cooling base but the air flow is less than the previous one).

Perhaps I will contact my ISP, show this thread and ask them to replace the DIR-827 with another router.

FurryNutz, with your experience which D-link routers and APs are ok, without overheating issues? and without any other issues?

Thanks

FurryNutz:
You should go back to the other cooling base sir if this new one isn't working well.

I'm enjoying the DIR-826L and 868L routers. The 868L is a great router. Better cooling for sure. You may just want to get your own router.

I see there is a new DAP-1520 and 1650 APs. I haven't had any experience with these models yet.

Any idea of what is available in your area regarding D-Link models?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version