• March 28, 2024, 12:46:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Port Forwarding issue - Cannot add or remove rules.  (Read 40331 times)

TigerFan

• Level 1 Member
Port Forwarding issue - Cannot add or remove rules.
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »

So if I try to add a port forwarding rule, or simply click the "Save Changes" button I get the error "The Port Forwarding name 1 is already in the list"  Does anybody know why this happens and how to fix it?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Port Forwarding issue - Cannot add or remove rules.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:07 AM »

Do all your port forwards have unique names?
non progredi est regredi

TigerFan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »

Yes, seems to..the only rules that exist seem to have been added dynamically.  This is the first rule I've tried to add.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »

Which firmware version?
non progredi est regredi

TigerFan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »

You may want to try the beta available on this board, I have not had any bad reviews of it yet, and it sounds like you may have either a bad flash or a corrupt NVRAM, either issue would be potentially fixed by a new FW ver.
non progredi est regredi

Yellow11

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 04:03:15 PM »

I am also having a problem with port forwarding rules. I had successfully added a couple of rules before. I just tried adding another rule and came across the same error. It seemed to be due to not having a unique name for my rule. I made the name uniqiue and clicked Save.

Is said the rule was saved, after a few seconds the continue button became active, clicked it, it took me back to the port forwarding page but my new rule was gone. No matter what I try, even though there are no errors, new rules do not get saved and keep disappearing.

Any solutions to this? Is this addressed in the new Beta? [which I am reluctant to try due to problems indicated on this board.]

I currently have 1.12

Bonzeye

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 11:28:33 AM »

I am also having the same problem. I downloaded and installed the Beta firmware but of course I am still unable to change the settings. I currently use the VPN connection to Remote Desktop. About 1 month ago I could no longer connect. So using the port checker I get port is not open or reachable.
Can someone please give me some suggestions on changing the port forwarding settings on my router.
I get the error Name 1 has already been used. I was able to get it to save it once but after the confirmation screen the rule did not appear on the list of 25.

LGgeek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »

I'm on 1.12 and issue still exists, come d-link how hard can this be to fix. I buy new equipment based on my experiences with vendors previous equipment.

agentmanatee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 04:10:27 PM »

If you're still having this issue, I solved this issue by sticking a random number after each of the names.  They were all unique to become with, but I had a few that were named FTP or some other possibly conflicting names with reserves the router might have had.  Hope that helps you.

LGgeek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:38:55 AM »

If you're still having this issue, I solved this issue by sticking a random number after each of the names.  They were all unique to become with, but I had a few that were named FTP or some other possibly conflicting names with reserves the router might have had.  Hope that helps you.

Thumbs up - this worked

vuelo_libre

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »

The problem you are seeing is duplication. This happens automatically and should have been fixed a long time ago seeing the product has been manufactured for over three years.

In the "Name" field... check to see if you see duplicate entries throughout your listing (on the Port Forwarding page).

Example: You see "Teredo" several times in the "Name" fields and the router won't allow you to add, remove or modify an entry. (Instead, giving you an error.)

The work-around is to change the first entry of "Teredo" to "Teredo-1". The second entry of "Teredo" to "Teredo-2". So on and so forth. Any duplication you find must be changed to look like something unique for the listing in the "Name" field.

Good luck.

Darlina

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 10:25:51 PM »

What is this version?

dlleon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 10:34:57 AM »

Did anyone fix this? I still have one of these deployed. I checked the source code for the page, and it looks like an error between lines  88 -99, with the message on line 93. Is there a way to fix this in a browser?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 10:50:58 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Did anyone fix this? I still have one of these deployed. I checked the source code for the page, and it looks like an error between lines  88 -99, with the message on line 93. Is there a way to fix this in a browser?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.