• March 19, 2024, 01:53:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 505 Wifi Signal Missing in Hot spot mode  (Read 2860 times)

srikanthnir

• Level 1 Member
DIR 505 Wifi Signal Missing in Hot spot mode
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »

Hi all,
I am having DIR 505 pocket router. The problem is whenever I am using router in Wifi hot spot mode the wifi signal is missing some times. After that it wont resumes unless un till I restart the router. For information I am using Wifi hot spot mode and the main wifi router is configured for wifi hidden mode (SSID broadcast). Please advise me what steps to take to rectify this problem.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DIR 505 Wifi Signal Missing in Hot spot mode
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Wireless Configurations
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy
  • Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something that's already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
  • What wireless modes are you using?
  • 2.4Ghz Routers only: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N?
  • Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
  • Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear. 13 for EU regions.
  • What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
  • What wireless devices do you have connected?
  • Ensure any devices with WiFi adapter drivers are updated.
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? Use v3, its free.

Router Placement
Forum User - "Well I feel really dumb. After moving the router away from other electronic devices my speeds are back to normal. Just a heads up for anyone experiencing slow speeds, you might want to move it away from other electronics and see if that helps."
3-6' feet minimum safe distance between devices.
Placement on main level floor and central in the building and WELL ventilated is preferred. Not in basements or closets as building materials, or near by electronics devices could interfere or hinder good signal propagation.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-basics/31083-smallnetbuilders-wireless-faq-the-essentials
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.