• April 28, 2024, 09:18:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot access some folders on DNS-323 via wireless adapter  (Read 2346 times)

zedhed

• Level 1 Member
Cannot access some folders on DNS-323 via wireless adapter
« on: March 05, 2010, 04:33:18 AM »

I've been accessing my DNS-323 with no problem from 2 wired PCs and my wireless laptop.

I bought a Tenda wireless USB adapter for one of my PCs but cannot access all of my folders on the 323 via this adapter. I can browse the internet fine. I can see the root directory and can browse into some folders but not all. When trying to access some folders, and after a long pause, I get a Windows message something along the lines of "Folder/resource unavailable".

I've tried installing the adapter on the 2nd PC and on my wireless laptop. Same thing. And same folders that I can't access.

Also, I can't access the 323 web interface whilst using the adapter.

I've tried a factory settings reset of the 323 via the web interface but no change.

Any ideas? I was wondering whether a folder's structure could be to blame or long filenames (but why would it work via other hardware?

Using :
DNS-323 firmware 1.08 (official release from DLink's website)
Windows XP SP3 + ZoneAlarm firewall in all cases.
Tenda W311U adapter with driver downloaded from the chipset manufacturer's website (Ralink).
Thompson-based router (don't have the exact model to hand)

Buhric

• Level 3 Member
Re: Cannot access some folders on DNS-323 via wireless adapter
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »

could it be that that adapter is defective... or is not has good has the other one in the orther laptop...
thus causing network drops ...