• April 18, 2024, 04:22:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bit Torrent App Keeps Hanging  (Read 11391 times)

strugs

• Level 1 Member
Bit Torrent App Keeps Hanging
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »

DNS 323 Using Firmware 1.06, Bit Torrent app works fine, status page looks ok, but after a couple of hours, none of the data (% completion, kb/s, etc) changes.  I can still expand or contract the "more details" link, but when I click on the "stop" button nothing happens.  When I try clicking the "logout" link or if I just try the DNS web login link, the page goes blank and gives me a white screen with the following error:
Access Error: Site or Page Not Found
when trying to obtain /web/login.asp?id=6126399
Cannot open URL

My drives are both still accessible on my PC's and my media player is still able to play vids, but I cannot log back into the "configuration" or "downloads" applications on my browser.  As a matter of fact, that welcome page does not even load.

The only way around it is to hard boot the NAS with the pwer button, or to run the "EasySearch" utility and click on the BT button, which seems to reset the NAS (soft boot?).  The annoying thing is that after it reboots, each torrent file has to check itself before continuing the download, which can take hours, depending on the size and quantity of torrents I have in my queue.

I have also tried deleting all of the files in the three BT folders (complete, incomplete, and torrents), because sometimes some torrents show up both in the complete and incomplete folders, but the hanging still happens even with the folders cleared out and starting with fresh torrents.

This hanging used to happen every so often, but now it happens several times a day.  The only thing I have changed recently is that I added another 1TB drive a couple of weeks ago. 

Any ideas?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:20:31 PM by strugs »

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bit Torrent App Keeps Hanging
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:13:02 PM »

Hi. I get the same problem since a few days, BT download freeze. I also use FW 1.06 and I did try the same things as you to recover the download files with the same result. I'm waiting too for some advice to help fixe that problem.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »

Are you staying logged into the bittorrent page after adding or checking your torrents or logging out when this happens?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »

Are you staying logged into the bittorrent page after adding or checking your torrents or logging out when this happens?

Yes, I stay logged into the bittorrent page. This way I can see the download and upload speeds freeze and when I try to access the web interface, I get an 'access denied'. But the downloading still continue and even complete.
This morning I've tried with only one torrent and here my observations :
- the bittorrent page freezed at 79.1%
- got and 'access denied' when trying to refresh the webpage,
- torrent download was completed,
- the download file was stored in \bt\complete and working well,
- the subfolder \bt\incomplete was empty,
- but the \bt\torrent still got the torrent (not erased)
Now I'm trying two torrents download at the same time and will try to ping the NAS when the torrent download page will freeze. I'll report later.

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 10:29:31 AM »

CONTINU ...

- bittorrent page freeze at 45.4% for the first torrent and 62.7% for the second
- I can ping the NAS with good response
- I can access the NAS folders from my PC but access is denied from the web interface of the NAS
- got two files in the \bt\complete folder
- second torrent complete first and the file is working well
- the first torrent complete a little bit later and the file is working well too
- there is not only two but four torrents in the \bt\torrents folder, two of them has the extension "fastresume" in place of "torrent"

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »

CONTINU ...in addition

When I shut down (front button) the NAS I saw that the network led was still blinking even if they were no activities on the NAS. After shut down I received a message from my PC saying that the access to the NAS bt folder is no longer available.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »

Do you still have the issue if you log out of the DNS-323?

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 02:08:25 PM »

Do you still have the issue if you log out of the DNS-323?

I don't know. If I log out I won't see the web interface at all, so how can I tell if the NAS web interface is freezing or not ? Do you mean to log out of the bt download page only ?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 02:40:25 PM »

Just log out of the unit. You can log in and check on them just do not stay logged into that page and leave the unit and allow the page to time out.

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »

Just log out of the unit. You can log in and check on them just do not stay logged into that page and leave the unit and allow the page to time out.
Ok. I'll give it a try with multiple torrents and see what will happen.

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »

Ok. I'll give it a try with multiple torrents and see what will happen.

After logging out of the NAS web page, the four torrents finish downloading normally and I can access to the NAS web page again. All the BT folders are empty except the complete folder what is normal. BT downloading is working as usual.

But I can't watch the downloading progress. I usually sit in my living watching TV from wich I can swap screen and check my PC screen to see if downloads are done. I've done that before with FW 1.05. Is it possible to get this function back again ?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »

We'll it is not intended to do this. Have you tried the 1.08 beta code?

jeangb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »

We'll it is not intended to do this. Have you tried the 1.08 beta code?
I've tried 1.08 and I was able to keep watching BT download page. But I got an other kind of problem, I can't erase the files in the \BT\complete folder. The 1.06 seems to be the best FW for me.
I appreciate your help. Thanks.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 09:24:41 AM »

OK well 1.08 it is still beta and the official should not reflect such an issue.

strugs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Mine hangs regardless of whether I am logged in or not.

I have also encountered a new problem that just started this week.  I recently wiped out all my torrent folders (complete, incomplete, and torrents), and started a few new torrents.  Two of them were relatively small files, and three were rather large.  After a few hours, the small files completed, then the system hung (as usual).  I could not log in at all, so I used the Easy search program and hit the BT button which reboots the NAS (easier than going down to my basement where the NAS is located), and now my larger torrents are frozen.  The system is not hung, as I can log in and out, but the torrents details show no seeds or leechers, and speeds of all three torrents are zero.

I am reluctant to try 1.08 as it is still beta, as I am worried I will loose data.  I do have it backed up, but that is one giant pain...

Any ideas?
Pages: [1] 2