• March 28, 2024, 03:50:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DCS-2630L disconnects from network  (Read 34622 times)

robrup

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2630L disconnects from network
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:54:10 AM »

Hello,

I have two DCS-2630L cameras.  I was able to set them up fine, and everything worked well at first.

The problem is that after about 24 hours they disconnect from the network and cannot be seen locally or on MyDlink remote.  I have static IPs assigned to these cameras and I don't receive a response from pinging the IP address either.  I can however see their default SSIDs in place (the ones that were there for the setup), so it looks like the cameras are unregistering themselves from the proper SSID and going back into setup mode.

If I reboot the cameras then the problem is solved temporarily, but exists again in about 24 hours.

There is good wifi connectivity at the areas where the cameras are placed.

Is there any fix for this issue?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DCS-2630L disconnects from network
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:24:53 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
What is the static IP addresses you are using on the cameras?
Be sure to disable any on board camera wifi extender features as well on the camera.

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »

Did you leave the status light on?
Does they both go from green to red when it gets kicked off?

What network are you connecting to?  2.4Ghz? Your 1st or end 5ghz network?

If both on the same, switch to another.

And any luck with just 1 camera instead of both?

robrup

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 12:32:46 PM »

I am located in North America (US), and am using the following IP Addresses locally which I have as assignments for DHCP in my router based on the camera mac addresses:

I did a factory reset of both cameras today.  Both are on the latest firmware 1.02

The router is an ASUS RT-AC68U, and I am connecting to the SSID on the 2.4ghz band because that has the larger signal strength when setting up the cameras (All bars)

The distance between the router and camera is pretty short - about 50ft for one camera, about 75ft for the other camera.  Both cameras show full wifi signal strength during the setup process.

This really happens to one of my cameras, the other it has only happened once.  I understand that there may be a network interruption, but shouldn't they come back to their existing network rather than start broadcasting their own SSID like in setup?

cmillar6

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »

I've got the same camera with the same router and have never lost connection once. The 2.4GHz band is terrible, too much interference. You've got a Wireless AC router and camera, switch to wireless AC and you won't lose connection again.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »

Similar problem here.  Installed two DCS-2630L cameras at remote location about 2 weeks ago.  One just went off line a couple of days ago.  Remote access to the router there shows that the missing camera is no longer attached to the 2.4GHz wifi.  Rebooted router remotely but still did not relink.  The camera that is still working did relink following the router reboot.

Before leaving the remote location 2 weeks ago, that same camera went offline just before we left.  We power cycled it and it came back online.  It would seem that the camera can get in a state where it does not automatically reconnect correctly and requires a power cycle.  I'm waiting for a random power interruption at the remote location hoping that it will bring it back online since I won't be there again until June.

Hoping for a firmware update to improve robustness of maintaining link and relinking when the link is broken.

Note similar posting in DCS-2330L thread for one of those that also went offline about 4 days earlier.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:47:58 PM by remoteCamsFarAway »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 07:15:29 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
How many other wireless devices do you have connected to the main host router?
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com

Similar problem here.  Installed two DCS-2630L cameras at remote location about 2 weeks ago.  One just went off line a couple of days ago.  Remote access to the router there shows that the missing camera is no longer attached to the 2.4GHz wifi.  Rebooted router remotely but still did not relink.  The camera that is still working did relink following the router reboot.

Before leaving the remote location 2 weeks ago, that same camera went offline just before we left.  We power cycled it and it came back online.  It would seem that the camera can get in a state where it does not automatically reconnect correctly and requires a power cycle.  I'm waiting for a random power interruption at the remote location hoping that it will bring it back online since I won't be there again until June.

Hoping for a firmware update to improve robustness of maintaining link and relinking when the link is broken.

Note similar posting in DCS-2330L thread for one of those that also went offline about 4 days earlier.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 08:16:20 PM »

I'm located in Colorado, remote cameras are in Caribbean.
Hardware DCS-2630L H/W Ver A1
Firmware 1.02
Netgear R6400 router.
wifi 2.4GHz b/g/n
distance 25-30 feet with a Netgear EX6200 range extender inbetween
Other local wifi devices include one other DCS-2630L which is still online and one DCS-2330L which has also gone offline (separate post).
Only other non-wifi wireless is a GSM cellular backup for home security system.

Also wanted to see if missing cams (one 2630L and one 2330L) would come back online if I disabled wifi encryption.  They did not. However, I also lost my one 2630 that was working.  Once I restored encryption the working 2630 came back online.  So long as the SSID remains the same, shouldn't a camera connect to the open network even if it originally connected with encryption?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:59:46 PM by remoteCamsFarAway »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 06:27:19 AM »

The set up configuration when you initially set up the cameras points to the encryption set at the time, thus they will always try to connect using the encryption method. If you use no encryption or change the encryption on the main host router, then the cameras would need to be re-configured for the new method. Do you have anyone at the remote site that can help you? This situation is hard with you being remote.
 recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.23 and .26  DHCP

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

Nobody at that site technically capable and no static IP addresses.  Currently assigned by DHCP.  Will be on site again mid June and will service at that time.

My router is sending me daily logs. On the chance that the cams will come back on a power outage (happens more often there than in US) I'll be able to correlate their reappearance with a router reboot.  Since I can reboot the router remotely with no success on the cams, a reported router reboot and the cameras re-appearing would be good evidence that a power cycle occurred and caused their reappearance.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »

Nobody at that site technically capable and no static IP addresses.  Currently assigned by DHCP.  Will be on site again mid June and will service at that time.

My router is sending me daily logs. On the chance that the cams will come back on a power outage (happens more often there than in US) I'll be able to correlate their reappearance with a router reboot.  Since I can reboot the router remotely with no success on the cams, a reported router reboot and the cameras re-appearing would be good evidence that a power cycle occurred and caused their reappearance.

I would advise you several things. 

1) Set a strong password and enable outside access to your router so you can log in remotely.
2) Set up port forwarding to access the cams directly. (My 2630l is still not accessible).
3) Set up some other system that allows you to power on/off the cameras.  I use Lowe's IRIS system for security and power plugs.  Dlink has recently come out with some power plugs that don't need a hub, but I don't think they have any contact sensors.  I can not vouch for it working outside of the USA.
4) Don't go all in on 1 camera model.  The 5010Ls are cheap as dirt and have spin all around all over.  But are missing a lot of features (no SD card, etc).
The 5222LB model does have local SD card, and also speaker/microphone functions, and that should be pretty cheap.

The 2630L and 960L run really hot.. in my 72F place, I get readings of over 100-120F from the cameras.   I could not imagine if they were in a place that was 100F to start with.

Other DLINK cams run cooler... the 2230 is pretty boss, but is not accessible via mydlink. The 2210L is, but it is wired connection.  These are both 2MP cams...
The only issues I've had with 2230 is burning out SD CARDS, but I think that was a bad run from SanDisk....  anything else recently has still be holding up.

Also - with port forwading enabled - You can access cams with other apps such as ipcamviewer light/free/etc on your phone. 

I've only had minor issues accessing my cams behind a switch from outside - it appears to come a go.

You should probably have you modem and router on a UPS ... I can get about 4-5 hours of power outage with 1 UPS each on a modem and router... I'd suspect <2 hours when combined (depending on router power draw - these new AC routers and anything above "1900"  do suck more juice.. and maybe another for several cams?...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102134

This model you can silence, so during a power outage there's no beeping.

So prepare now for June...

Maybe if I quit buying all this DLINK cameras I could afford a 2nd place remotely...  >:( :(

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »

And hopefully DLINK fixes issues with these newer models to run without issue.

I've never tested carribean power - but is it smooth like USA?  Maybe the UPS would help smooth out issues.  You could go with a smaller/cheaper UPS...

But yes -there are random issues.

What router are  you using by the way?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:09:10 PM by RYAT3 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 06:48:35 AM »

Since your not near the cams and no body can help you that is close and you need camera video when your remote, I would recommend getting into wired cameras or use a LAN connection camera instead of wireless. Wireless can be problematic in it self and if you don't have reliable wireless signals and you need good stable camera video, then get into using a wired connection for your cameras so you can at least maintain stability at the remote location. Interferences can be a factor in using wireless and is hard to troubleshoot and FW can't fix this. Being where you an get quick access to cameras to troubleshoot wireless problems is not a good way to use these cameras. I would get the cameras set up for wired connections. Make it easy on your self when using cameras.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »

Thanks for the helpful advice.  To answer some questions.

The area where this is located has very little EMI. Homes are far apart from each other so I'm not worried about channel interference. The flip side is that the walls and floor are concrete 10-1/2" thick.  Wifi doesn't easily pass through concrete and neither does a drill bit.  It took me well over an hour to drill a hole for the power cord for the DCS-2330L outdoors.  Wired cams is not an easy option.

I installed the Netgear EX6200 extender to reinforce the signal strength from the Netgear R6400 to the 2630 that was farthest away.  Link between R6400 and EX6200 is 5GHz while EX6200 generates 2.4GHz on chan 11 to the farthest 2630.  The outdoor 2330 and the other indoor 2630 are both closer to the R6400 which also broadcasts a 2.4GHz signal on chan 1 so it doesn't interfere with the EX6200 signal.  Signal strength at the cameras were strong based on a cell phone app I was using to test.  The far away 2630 stayed online for about 10 days before it disappeared though the EX6200 extender is still attached to the R6400.  The 2330 lasted another 4 days and then disappeared.  With remote access to the router I can see that these two cameras are no longer attached.

I didn't have enough time to set up all of the port forwarding on the modem/first router (with wifi disabled)  but did open a port to the second router (Netgear R6400 with wifi enabled) and I do have remote access to that.  I'll complete port forwarding to the cameras in June.  Just using myDlink for now.

Power there is same as US though they have more outages, maybe one a month.  Last year I installed a whole house surge protector.  With IT components as well as appliances having electronics in them these days, we felt that was necessary.  We did have some appliances fail before that was installed but none after.

Funny you should mention remote control power outlets.  Already thought of that.  Unfortunately I may not know (unless I get a power cycle reported to me from my daily router log) if a power cycle will recover the cameras.  If they do come back from a power cycle, then that would be an adequate, though not ideal, solution.  Of course the best solution would be improvements in the firmware to more robustly recover from lost links.

I already purchased a couple of APC BE550G UPS systems which can be silenced but did not get a chance to install them while down there.  On the list of things to do.

Unfortunately I already have 4 more 2330L cams there for outdoor use that I did not get a chance to install.  Planned on installing in June.  Other cams not an option at this time.

Again, thanks for all of the good advice!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »

Unfortunately I already have 4 more 2330L cams there for outdoor use that I did not get a chance to install.  Planned on installing in June.  Other cams not an option at this time.

Again, thanks for all of the good advice!

Have you tested those 2330L's?  Some newer FW's have disconnect problems which I'm sure you've read about?

Pages: [1] 2 3