• April 25, 2024, 12:49:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 932L boat anchor  (Read 6020 times)

Chevy

• Level 1 Member
DCS 932L boat anchor
« on: November 22, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »

I've had a DCS 932L for  a year, but I've never been able to get it work as promised.  I could never access the feed when away from home.  I had some suggestions of port forwarding which I tried, but it never worked.

Now I really can't get anything.  I've gone through the setup multiple times.  A feed is detected at the IP address.  When I go to MyDlink and login, it never shows a video..just a rotating circle with loading.  Also I read where I need to do a firmware upgrade, but I can't get to the setup page for the camera.  In IE I type in the IP address of the camera, but it just comes up with a Yahoo search for those numbers.  What does it mean when you put in the IP address and this happens.  I can access my router setup doing the same thing.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.   Thx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS 932L boat anchor
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:26:03 AM »

Open a browser on a PC that's connected to the same LAN as the DCS-932L. Enter the DCS-932L IP address into your browser and that should open the DCS-932L administrator page to configure the device. Included within is an option to upload new FW.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Chevy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:06:22 PM »

That is the point.  I can not get the camera setup page when entering the IP address.  A yahoo search for the IP address comes up.  Also I can not get to the camera when going to the MyDlink page.  It never connects. Something does flash up, but I'm not able to read it.  I've been told it is a notice to enable ActiveX which I have...at least I think I have.    I've configured the camera multiple times both using the reset and not.  It has the green light on, and the green check on the MyDlink page.  I think there is something in either my computer or the router that is blocking the camera.  Firewall you say.  I don't think one is running on the router.  I've done a Single Port forward, but no contact on the network or remotely.   Thanks for letting me vent.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:48 PM »

If you have the camera connected to a wireless router, then a new IP address may have been assigned to the camera after it was set up that differs from the default address. Look on your routers DCHP address table to see if the camera is listed there....Connect to that IP address.

You may need to factory reset the camera and start from scratch....
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 04:24:14 AM »

As FurryNutz suggested, you first need to validate that you're entering the correct IP address by logging into the router UI and looking at the connected device table. I'm not 100% sure, but if the IP address is correct, I don't think ActiveX is required to see the DCS-932L web UI login page.  Do you have another browser on the PC that you're using?  Try Firefox.

I'm sure you already know this, but when the IP address is used to reference the camera, PC must be on the same LAN as the router. If you previously configured the camera to use a static IP address or changed the port (through the DCS-932L web UI), then the camera may not be accessible -- a factory reset will fix this particular scenario.

Chevy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:21:55 AM »

Thanks so much for the help.  Yes the router lists the camera at the IP address I'm using.  Ok I used Google to input the IP address and I got a Page not Available.  Next I ran the MyDlink login and this time the flash up page actually stayed up.  It says there is a problem with the JAVA RunTime Enviroment.  I have JAVA enabled "I think" because I just downloaded JAVA last week, but I'll look into this.   And yes I'm running the camera on a desktop/router/same network with the camera being hard wired(not wireless).  I'd like to run wireless, but since I can't get it to work wired why try.  Also is the factory reset different from pushing the reset on the camera through the hole with a pin for 15 seconds.  I've actually done this several times, but it doesn't help.  Thx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »

Are you able to get into the administrative web UI from your PC?  Entering the IP address should bring you to the admin login page.  Do you see the login page?

Chevy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »

No admin page for the camera when inputting the IP address in the browser.  In IE I get the search page for yahoo listing the IP address, In Chrome I get Page not Available.

Small breakthrough though.  I found the enable JAVA in Chrome and now I can get to the camera using MyDlink.   Checked the Enable JAVA Scripts for IE, but I still can't get the camera using MyDlink.  I get a prompt asking to run applications from Dlink  which I RUN, then something flashes up very quickly which I now assume is the enable JAVA page, but I just get a rotating circle with Loading under it and Retry under that.  It never connects.  It looks like at least this part is a JAVA issue.   Connecting using the IP address in the browser is still an issue.   Thx

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 08:06:11 AM »

The only time I've encountered an issue accessing the web UI from a local PC for a camera that's working and accessible via mydlink is if there were changes to the camera our router network settings precluding access.

To make sure there's no IP address conflict or some other network anomaly, log into your router web UI and Reserve a new IP address for the DCS-932L.  Select an IP that's within the IP address range assigned for the router and associate the DCS-932L MAC address.  Next reboot the DCS-932L and try accessing the web UI again.

Chevy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 03:34:38 PM »

Ok we're making some headway.   I did a complete reset of the camera(pushing a pin in the hole on the back of the camera).  I went through a setup.  Now
1.  I can get the camera setup using the IP in IE and in Chrome.  I think there is some instability because in the past I've lost this ability as described above.  It just quits working.  So we'll see.

Anyway

2.  I can get the camera using Chrome and MyDlink.  When I use IE it crashes when I try to get to the camera on MyDlink.

3.  I've got the email and motion detection working.  Thx

4.  Lastly I've never been able to get remote access.  What absolutely has to be set to get remote access.  There is a question of Port Forwarding.  Right now the port is the default 80.  Should this be a higher number and is that set on the camera UI and using Single Port Forwarding on the router.  What should UPNP and the DDNS be set for.  I can get the camera on an IPAD here on this network, but when I get away it never works.   

Again THX for the help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 04:16:48 AM »

4.  Lastly I've never been able to get remote access.  What absolutely has to be set to get remote access.  There is a question of Port Forwarding.  Right now the port is the default 80.  Should this be a higher number and is that set on the camera UI and using Single Port Forwarding on the router.  What should UPNP and the DDNS be set for.  I can get the camera on an IPAD here on this network, but when I get away it never works.   

I put together an FAQ entry on port forwarding linked off the following post:
Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information

Chevy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 08:18:01 AM »

Ok thanks for the help.  I just got back from a trip.  I was able to get the email function to work so I got motion detected emails during the trip, but never could get the IPAD app to connect.  Now that I'm back I can't connect with the camera either on the MyDlink or using IE or chrome.  I had to unplug it to get it to stop sending emails.  Again I have a boat anchor, and not a very good one at that.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 08:21:37 AM »

What FW version is installed on your DCS-932L?