• April 27, 2024, 06:05:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 3G USB Adapter Support (Let's try again)  (Read 5522 times)

Chris Price

• Level 1 Member
3G USB Adapter Support (Let's try again)
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:54:24 PM »

It appears D-Link forum moderators removed my original thread. So, let's try again.

I'll make it simple this time. I can't get the DIR-628's newly-added ability to connect to 3G USB Adapters, to work at all.

I have yet to read anyone else getting any 3G USB Adapter to work. This feature was added in the latest firmware, which was posted way back in October.

I'd love to be wrong, and hear from forum members that got it working.
I'd love for D-Link Tech Support to tell me something other than that they can't speak English well.
I'd love to know why my original post was erased.
Most importantly, I'd love for someone from D-Link Engineering to tell me when this will be fixed.

Christopher Price
CEO, MechaWorks
Editor-in-Chief, PhoneNews.com (Yes, that's why this matters... we'd love to tell people that D-Link is a cost-effective alternative to Cradlepoint... but not when we can't get anyone to get the thing to work).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 11:59:08 PM by Chris Price »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: 3G USB Adapter Support (Let's try again)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »

Chris the 3g option was added with the intention of supporting specific 3g carriers. That plan has since been abandoned and the feature is currently not supported in the US. In fact the same option was removed from the 655.

fcrush

• Level 1 Member
Re: 3G USB Adapter Support (Let's try again)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:41:55 AM »

Dear Lycan, I'm from Brazil and I got a DIR628 device in USA believing that 3G USB Adpaters would works, because this feature is very important for me (when I bought, in the description of the device informs that work). But here in my country I have the same problems of my friends in USA, this feature doesn't work. I visited a lot of Forums, then all people are impressed how D-Link doesn't matter about your customers. Everybody buy to get all of promised features. I want to change to another device to use 3G USB Mobile and I would like to know how can D-Link will to do to change my device.

Fred Coelho
CIO, Mapal