• March 29, 2024, 12:10:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492847 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:49 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display firmware version build number in web interface
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)\
  • General - Track and display total uptime and total running time
  • General - User password length too short
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Daylight savings time support [FIXED!]
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »

The ability to view video in real-time via https REALLY needs to be addressed immediately, as the only other recourse is to connect via http, with plain text passwords that can be captured by any router or network device between the two remote locations sending and receiving the traffic.

I also believe that the timezone issue: ( http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40692.msg192637#msg192637 ) has been fixed, but requires a reboot of the camera, and to make it an immediate calculation would be the fix needed now, immediate recalculation upon saving the timezone change.

Another change that would be nice is to see what actual firmware rev one is on in the status screen, as "1.06 (2012-12-21)" doesn't state "v1.06b04"

I did notice that if I am logged on as admin to the camera, I cannot see "admin" logged on to the camera in the "Active User", nor can I see my Android watching live that is authenticated as a different user in the list of currently connected users.  Major security issue, think "wife dressing".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:59:18 PM by the86d »

jm77

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »

DCS-932L Wishlist
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Got hit with this one on my DCS-932L and DCS-942L. Super annoying bug; renders uPnP on my router useless, since it overrides other devices.

jm77

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »

Fix the issue where the camera still creates UPnP ports on the router when UPnP forwarding is set to disabled.  I have been messing with the UPnP settings all night on the camera and no matter what the setting it still opens ports on my router.  Each time it happens it kills access to a web site I am hosting.  I finally changed the port on the camera to stop the conflict.

+1

sip06pp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
[/quote]

These should definetely be address very soon if D-Link want people to keep bying these cameras. I have 4 already and i need two more but i am struggling to buy them if these things are not addressed. Simple software upgrade can fix these issues.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2013, 04:41:26 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)\
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)

• [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2013, 05:07:34 AM »

The ability to view video in real-time via https REALLY needs to be addressed immediately, as the only other recourse is to connect via http, with plain text passwords that can be captured by any router or network device between the two remote locations sending and receiving the traffic.

On list already...

I also believe that the timezone issue: ( http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40692.msg192637#msg192637 ) has been fixed, but requires a reboot of the camera, and to make it an immediate calculation would be the fix needed now, immediate recalculation upon saving the timezone change.

Added...

Another change that would be nice is to see what actual firmware rev one is on in the status screen, as "1.06 (2012-12-21)" doesn't state "v1.06b04"

On list already...

I did notice that if I am logged on as admin to the camera, I cannot see "admin" logged on to the camera in the "Active User", nor can I see my Android watching live that is authenticated as a different user in the list of currently connected users.  Major security issue, think "wife dressing".

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2013, 05:09:39 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Timezone changes should be immediately affectieve without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • [color]Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table[/color]

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]

mrgclark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »

Do you think this may be getting a bit long for one list? The things we really want looked at seem to be getting a bit lost among the many items that people have "just noticed".

I would propose at least 2 lists. High/low priority maybe. Split between the things that are maybe minor, and the things that would stop us buying another camera of this model.

Other people's opinions about what goes on the high priority list may vary, but for my 2 cents worth the only thing I really want is the motion detection email on a schedule. This has been on the list pretty much from the start but I'm concerned that it's getting lost in the crowd.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2013, 05:32:01 AM »

Do you think this may be getting a bit long for one list? The things we really want looked at seem to be getting a bit lost among the many items that people have "just noticed".

I would propose at least 2 lists. High/low priority maybe. Split between the things that are maybe minor, and the things that would stop us buying another camera of this model.

Other people's opinions about what goes on the high priority list may vary, but for my 2 cents worth the only thing I really want is the motion detection email on a schedule. This has been on the list pretty much from the start but I'm concerned that it's getting lost in the crowd.

I've tried this approach with other products and it didn't work out. Every item on this list was important/critical to the person who submitted it. Although I have a good idea of what is critical to the masses, it's not for me or any particular subset of users to place weight on or trivialize other member contributions.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:07 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Timezone changes should be immediately affectieve without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • [color]Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table[/color]

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]

the86d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2013, 08:07:12 AM »

Is there an ETA to address ANYTHING?

I would say that without a doubt, https function should be number one top priority, like YESTERDAY...
Plain text passwords are sent until then.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »

Is there an ETA to address ANYTHING?

I would say that without a doubt, https function should be number one top priority, like YESTERDAY...
Plain text passwords are sent until then.

This camera's Release Date: March 3, 2011 (2 years ago).

Try using a newer camera, like a 2132L/2230/5222l for https, like TODAY.

I don't have a 932, but can you try this plain text password:  guest/guest ....

It works on the 2132L/2230.  5222L isn't affected by this hack attack.

mrgclark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »

This camera's Release Date: March 3, 2011 (2 years ago).

Try using a newer camera, like a 2132L/2230/5222l for https, like TODAY.

I don't have a 932, but can you try this plain text password:  guest/guest ....

It works on the 2132L/2230.  5222L isn't affected by this hack attack.

Not a very constructive comment, the 932L is a model that is available for sale now. I personally bought mine 3 months ago, not 2 years ago. I think we all have a right to expect software to be kept up to date and issues/bugs addressed. If you don't have a 932L, why are you reading a wish list topic for it?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »

Not a very constructive comment, the 932L is a model that is available for sale now. I personally bought mine 3 months ago, not 2 years ago. I think we all have a right to expect software to be kept up to date and issues/bugs addressed. If you don't have a 932L, why are you reading a wish list topic for it?

I'm just telling you what you are missing out on... and it's also the truth - no https:// is going to come to some outdated tech. Comprende?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20