• March 29, 2024, 08:38:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5222L Rev B - Firmware version 2.01b05 - Comments & Observations  (Read 16707 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

D-Link has not yet published release notes for this latest firmware version.

ckh

• Level 1 Member

This firmware is GREAT .... There's no image (total black screen) at all!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

This firmware is GREAT .... There's no image (total black screen) at all!

Did you try a different browser (e.g. IE vs. FireFox)? I'm wondering if the current Java version is impacting this latest FW.  :-\  ???

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member

Still has the same issues that I have before on the previous firmware:

1. Very slow (and i mean very very slow 4 seconds latency and with packet loss based on pings) wireless connection. Still have mine hardwired for me to view the recording on SD and to view the camera. Can this still be fixed or is this already hardware issue? as on the previous firmware, user ckh also had the same issue on the wireless connection. - can someone check if they have this issue?

2. Still cannot connect to the My Surveillance application of my DNS-320L

3. Still have issue on the My D-link lite app when returning to home and also does not have HD settings on it not like Rev A which has HD on the said App.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

2. Still cannot connect to the My Surveillance application of my DNS-320L

This is not a limitation of the DCS-5222L, but rather the DNS-320L My Surveillance Add-On.  Here's a workaround that you can try:

DNS ShareCenter - Use My Surveillance & Surveillance Center w/ New D-Link Camera Models

rumahkesuma

• Level 1 Member

Dear Friends,

I've updated to the latest firmware (2.01b05) and noticed NO changes to my camera.

My problem (posted in previous discussion) still persist.

Don't know why DLink released the new firmware without the released notes...(as if you buy a brand new sophisticated car without the manual).

As of today, I still felt that it's a BIG MISTAKES for me to own a DCS-5222L-B1 ipcamera

A DCS942L is MUCH MUCH BETTER than DCS-5222L-B1.

So for those a novice user like me, I would recommend a Foscam PTZ to try (otherwise please prove that I'm wrong)

TQ

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member

This is not a limitation of the DCS-5222L, but rather the DNS-320L My Surveillance Add-On.  Here's a workaround that you can try:

DNS ShareCenter - Use My Surveillance & Surveillance Center w/ New D-Link Camera Models

Nope, this workaround does not work.
I have also tried the other camera models on the list but i'm not able to connect to it. The 5222L on the list is able to connect to it when the "Test Camera" button is used, but after that it can no longer display it on the application..

How about the WiFi performance issue? any word on that one?

enigmatic28

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L Rev B - Firmware version 2.01b05 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 06:49:10 AM »

Nope, this workaround does not work.
I have also tried the other camera models on the list but i'm not able to connect to it. The 5222L on the list is able to connect to it when the "Test Camera" button is used, but after that it can no longer display it on the application..

How about the WiFi performance issue? any word on that one?

Just an update on this, I was able to make the camera work on the 320L, but i had to choose MJPEG as the video format.

That work around work, but!
1. the recording takes a large space since it is not using the H.264 compression which is one of the cameras selling point
2. The recording on my NAS is just 10fps only!!!! to think this is hard wired to my router, and to think than my 5222L Rev A3 which is connected wireless records at 25fps!
3. Now, after the change, the Video Profile on the Camerra itself (On web settings) is now also set to MJPEG thus it also takes a lot of space on the 32Gig MicroSD recording.

The only good side that i saw after i applied the changes above is that now the HD option on the MyDlink lite app is now available.

Other than that single Con, the camera performance still sucks, especially the WiFi performance. Based on the settings, the signal strength is 43, but i'm not able to connect to it, thus I am forced to run a wite to the camera! (Whats the use of the wifi then?!?!!!)

Oh and also, in comparison to the Night performance, Rev A gave me a much better performance than this Rev B.

Please fix the WiFi Performance of the Camera, We bought the camera promising wifi connectivity, and not me having to run UTP cable just to make it work!

billmat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

I loaded the latest ver firmware and still the two way audio does not work thru the mydlink app.  Once I ckick mic button it cuts out mic on camera and then the audio comes through speaker of camera and that person can hear me.  But only way I can hear them is to click mic button again and then I can hear them.  It is like a walkie talkie and not like a phone call.  According to Tech Support it should be like a phone call.  They are telling me to use Static IP and open some ports but they did not know which ones.  also this works like a phone call when I am in the configuration menu when you use the IP address to access camera.  does anyone have an ideas how I can get two way audio working as advertised.

Anna K

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:08 AM »

Hello.
We try to manage IP-cameras DCS-5222L using ONVIF.
It works with DCS-5222L Rev. A (firmware version 1.12).
Any attempt to connect to DCS-5222L Rev. B1 (firmware version 2.01.05) ends up with error: 400 (Bad Request).
Method we use is described on http://stackoverflow.com/a/18623888. We try to call ONVIF-method GetSystemDateAndTime (http://www.onvif.org/onvif/ver10/device/wsdl/devicemgmt.wsdl#op.GetSystemDateAndTime) which does not require authentication.
The Web Service URL we use for both camera versions is “http://<IPv4>/onvif/device_service”.

Could you please give us a hint about the problem?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »

You may need to contact the Mfr or forums for the ONVIF to see if they have any information. Possible that there sw may not be compatible with Rev B or was not developed for Rev B yet.

Hello.
We try to manage IP-cameras DCS-5222L using ONVIF.
It works with DCS-5222L Rev. A (firmware version 1.12).
Any attempt to connect to DCS-5222L Rev. B1 (firmware version 2.01.05) ends up with error: 400 (Bad Request).
Method we use is described on http://stackoverflow.com/a/18623888. We try to call ONVIF-method GetSystemDateAndTime (http://www.onvif.org/onvif/ver10/device/wsdl/devicemgmt.wsdl#op.GetSystemDateAndTime) which does not require authentication.
The Web Service URL we use for both camera versions is “http://<IPv4>/onvif/device_service”.

Could you please give us a hint about the problem?

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 09:22:39 AM »

D-Link posted DCS-5222L Rev B firmware version 2.03b01. Download this latest firmware and post your comments and observation on the following thread: DCS-5222L Rev B - Firmware v2.03b01 Comments & Observations