• March 19, 2024, 04:38:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446093 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2012, 12:12:27 PM »

Hi,
I'm referring to the web interface settings.

"Possibility to modify always settings - time (e.g. On saving to sd) and path. (For easier access all files in one directory/day)"

record to sd:
The always time setting  because might be to much every second a record.
If you want to see the pictures you have to flipp through lots of directories, hope I'm not mistaken.
A directory per hour is to much.
So if you have the possibility to define  per day you could easier flip through, timestamp is on the file itself.
Especially if you install sftp for download it would be handy.

User password change I did not find.

Being in privacy mode the ir leds are always on they should be off.

Thx for adding some thoughts.

Added...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • General - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

Fredddd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »

Hi,
Important would be to be able to turn off ir illuminators also when it is dark....
Reason : I wanted to see my terrace which is perfectly lit with lamps, but the cam behind the window in the dark room turned on the ir illuminators and those reflected in the windows, no picture possible.

Security: email subject and content should be editable and do not send MAC address of devices.

Regards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2012, 04:09:50 AM »

Hi,
Important would be to be able to turn off ir illuminators also when it is dark....
Reason : I wanted to see my terrace which is perfectly lit with lamps, but the cam behind the window in the dark room turned on the ir illuminators and those reflected in the windows, no picture possible.

Security: email subject and content should be editable and do not send MAC address of devices.

Regards

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 04:14:03 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • General - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address

• TBD

Fredddd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »

Cyclic sd recording seems not to work as well as deleting content from sd card....deleting content works but very very slow...

De-reconnecting network cable to the cam seems to hang some functions (sd recording)..
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:58:49 PM by Fredddd »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2012, 05:08:30 AM »

Cyclic sd recording seems not to work as well as deleting content from sd card....deleting content works but very very slow...

De-reconnecting network cable to the cam seems to hang some functions (sd recording)..

Can other DCS-5222L owners validate these issues?

jjd

• Level 1 Member
Built-in web server support for non Mac, non Windows
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »

It would be nice if the built-in web server of the DCS-5222L would support linux browsers.

See this link:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51246.0

But I will summarize here:

Using chrome on Linux results in the built-in web server not showing live video and recommending that I install some windows-specific plugin.  However, if I change the User-Agent of the browser to pretend I'm on a macintosh, then the live video works fine.

I suspect the code says something like:

if (this is a macintosh) {
  do mac stuff;
} else {
  do windows stuff;
}

It should probably say:

do mac stuff;
} else if (this is windows) {
  do windows stuff;
} else {
  do something that is likely to work on non-windows, non-mac machines
}

Perhaps this would make it work in Android web browsers as well.  (I know there is an android app, but the built-in web server application has many more features such as the ability to turn on/off the IR illuminators.)

Budapest

• Level 1 Member
  • DCS-5222L
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »

I also have a problem with repetitive PIR motion sensor alarms in every 15 minutes.
Lot of false alarm and mail.
Very annoying! :(
And there is no firmware update since June?
It was a very expensive camera for me, especially in Hungary ...
Please help!
Thanks!
DCS-5222L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Built-in web server support for non Mac, non Windows
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »

Added...

It would be nice if the built-in web server of the DCS-5222L would support linux browsers.

See this link:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=51246.0

But I will summarize here:

Using chrome on Linux results in the built-in web server not showing live video and recommending that I install some windows-specific plugin.  However, if I change the User-Agent of the browser to pretend I'm on a macintosh, then the live video works fine.

I suspect the code says something like:

do mac stuff;
} else {
  do windows stuff;
}

It should probably say:

do mac stuff;
} else if (this is windows) {
  do windows stuff;
} else {
  do something that is likely to work on non-windows, non-mac machines
}

Perhaps this would make it work in Android web browsers as well.  (I know there is an android app, but the built-in web server application has many more features such as the ability to turn on/off the IR illuminators.)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:38 PM »

I also have a problem with repetitive PIR motion sensor alarms in every 15 minutes.
Lot of false alarm and mail.
Very annoying! :(
And there is no firmware update since June?
It was a very expensive camera for me, especially in Hungary ...
Please help!
Thanks!

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Improve Linux browser support
  • Motion Dection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address

• TBD

DD92

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »

Hi,

I looked everywhere but couldn't find it :
it would be nice to have HTTPS access, or at least for the identification step to connect to the configuration of the camera.
(I am not using mydlink)

Thanks

Joe82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »

Hi,

when does a new firmware come out? There are many bugs I have seen in the forum and also encountered like the motion detection which is vital for me.
Could you please comment on that?
Otherwise I think about returning my Cam.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2012, 10:20:45 AM »

Hi,

when does a new firmware come out? There are many bugs I have seen in the forum and also encountered like the motion detection which is vital for me.
Could you please comment on that?
Otherwise I think about returning my Cam.

D-Link does not publicly disclose it's firmware release road map. For different D-Link products I've observed firmware releases spanning weeks to many months apart.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15