• March 18, 2024, 07:08:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446071 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 05:10:08 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - HTTPS support
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • color=blue]Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform[/color]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

sim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 07:37:14 AM »

When you create a preset for where the camera is, you can also create motion detection area with each preset (or with 2 preset).
At the moment it's one preset for the area on the motion detection so if you move the camera the area which is set for detection might not be marked out.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »

When you create a preset for where the camera is, you can also create motion detection area with each preset (or with 2 preset).
At the moment it's one preset for the area on the motion detection so if you move the camera the area which is set for detection might not be marked out.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • General - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • color=blue]Web UI - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform[/color]

• TBD

Qilly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 11:28:16 PM »

After a reboot please let the camera go to the user-defined home instead of the default home position. After a power faillure we have to reallign all camera's...

Please create a menu item in the web configuration page for cloud configuration without the Mac or Windows software. Current construction is awefull and painfull.

Please support PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station.

For next hardware version I would love to see a wider view. My old D-Link camera had a much wider view and could zoom in. That was a DCS-5230. Unfortunately this one did not support Synology Surveillance Station.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:36:13 PM by Qilly »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 06:24:29 AM »

After a reboot please let the camera go to the user-defined home instead of the default home position. After a power faillure we have to reallign all camera's...

Please create a menu item in the web configuration page for cloud configuration without the Mac or Windows software. Current construction is awefull and painfull.

Please support PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station.

Added....   ;)

For next hardware version I would love to see a wider view. My old D-Link camera had a much wider view and could zoom in. That was a DCS-5230. Unfortunately this one did not support Synology Surveillance Station.

Sorry, but can't add this as this is a FW functionality list.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 06:25:46 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)

• TBD

Fredddd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »

Hello,
A few things ....

Security problem #1, turn off http when https on

Sftp

Ssh console for accessing sd card files?

Possibility to modify always settings - time (e.g. On saving to sd) and path. (For easier access all files in one directory/day)

Possibility to save on directory on NAS/ server ( smb /cifs )

Define camera patrol positions for snapshots, which are combined sent in ONE email.

Security problem#2 when you logout/ close internet explorer, firefox, you are always able to login without password if you just restart the session. Timeout to long for session.

Thx
Sorry just testing...
Regards
Roman

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:45:47 AM by Fredddd »

vlasdoli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »

I would add basically same FW structure as DCS2310, mainly event management,  more snapshots to email PIR event, more detailed log, detailed definition for IR switch...

Thx
DCS-5222L
DCS-2310L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »

Security problem #1, turn off http when https on

Sftp

Ssh console for accessing sd card files?

Possibility to save on directory on NAS/ server ( smb /cifs )

Define camera patrol positions for snapshots, which are combined sent in ONE email.

Security problem#2 when you logout/ close internet explorer, firefox, you are always able to login without password if you just restart the session. Timeout to long for session.

Added...  ;)

Possibility to modify always settings - time (e.g. On saving to sd) and path. (For easier access all files in one directory/day)

Can you please elaborate on this item?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2012, 12:13:31 PM »

I would add basically same FW structure as DCS2310, mainly event management,  more snapshots to email PIR event, more detailed log, detailed definition for IR switch...
Thx

Can you please provide more defined items here (rather than referencing the DCS-3210 FW)?  Too vague.
Thanks for your contributions!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2012, 12:15:06 PM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • General - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Add SSH console to access SD card
    (SMB/CIFS)[/color]
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • General - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period

• TBD
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:14:06 AM by JavaLawyer »

vlasdoli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »

1) Event management should be more configurable:
Define through:
• Server: E-mail, FTP, Network Storage, SD Card
• Media: Snapshot, video, system log

• Event: Trigger (Motion detection, Periodically, Digital input, PIR, System reboot, Network lost); Action (defined from Server/Media)

• Recording: schedule, settings,...

(have a look to DCS-2310)

2) for snapshots more pre/post snapshots like pre 4, post 7

DCS-5222L
DCS-2310L

Fredddd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2012, 01:52:52 AM »

Hi,
I'm referring to the web interface settings.

"Possibility to modify always settings - time (e.g. On saving to sd) and path. (For easier access all files in one directory/day)"

record to sd:
The always time setting  because might be to much every second a record.
If you want to see the pictures you have to flipp through lots of directories, hope I'm not mistaken.
A directory per hour is to much.
So if you have the possibility to define  per day you could easier flip through, timestamp is on the file itself.
Especially if you install sftp for download it would be handy.

User password change I did not find.

Being in privacy mode the ir leds are always on they should be off.

Thx for adding some thoughts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:54:21 AM by Fredddd »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »

1) Event management should be more configurable:
Define through:
• Server: E-mail, FTP, Network Storage, SD Card
• Media: Snapshot, video, system log

• Event: Trigger (Motion detection, Periodically, Digital input, PIR, System reboot, Network lost); Action (defined from Server/Media)

• Recording: schedule, settings,...

I did my best to generalize this in a one-line statement. . . Added...

2) for snapshots more pre/post snapshots like pre 4, post 7

You'll have to define this better as I do not have access to a DCS-3210 for reference.  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15