• March 18, 2024, 10:51:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446080 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« on: June 27, 2012, 06:23:09 AM »

Please post the features and bugs you would like to see corrected in the next DCS-5222L firmware update.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

scott12v

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »

Sorry....posted in the wrong forum, but here's my one and only suggestion:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49639.0

scott12v

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »

I guess I have another small suggestion...

All of the other wired/wireless cameras that I've used have separate IP addresses for the wired and wireless connections.  The 5222L seems to use the same IP address.  So when I was setting it up for wireless, there was really no indication that I was using wireless instead of wired.  I was assuming that wireless wasn't working because I never saw any indication that I was on it instead of wired (of course until I tried unplugging the wired connection).

So my suggestion would be to have some sort of indicator on the status tab indicating whether you are connected wired or wireless.

No big deal for me now that I have mine all set up, but just a suggestion.  And of course the manual may tell you this, but I never read it :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:01:23 AM »

Sorry....posted in the wrong forum, but here's my one and only suggestion:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49639.0

I moved your post to the DCS-5222L forum.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »

I guess I have another small suggestion...

All of the other wired/wireless cameras that I've used have separate IP addresses for the wired and wireless connections.  The 5222L seems to use the same IP address.  So when I was setting it up for wireless, there was really no indication that I was using wireless instead of wired.  I was assuming that wireless wasn't working because I never saw any indication that I was on it instead of wired (of course until I tried unplugging the wired connection).

So my suggestion would be to have some sort of indicator on the status tab indicating whether you are connected wired or wireless.

No big deal for me now that I have mine all set up, but just a suggestion.  And of course the manual may tell you this, but I never read it :)

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)

• TBD

mailming

• Level 1 Member
Scheduled patrol starting time.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:26:14 PM »

The camera has great patrol feature, it will auto route to some preset position during patrol process.

However I cannot find any scheduled patrol time, that is, patrol process cannot be started at given time or times. can only be triggerred manually, that defeat the purpose of camera patrol recording.

Hope this can be added.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Scheduled patrol starting time.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 05:04:51 AM »

The camera has great patrol feature, it will auto route to some preset position during patrol process.

However I cannot find any scheduled patrol time, that is, patrol process cannot be started at given time or times. can only be triggerred manually, that defeat the purpose of camera patrol recording.

Hope this can be added.

Added to list...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06:11 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Networking - Add an indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Nite Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)

• TBD

mailming

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »

when the camera was working on the patrol mode (moving one point to another), its received image is considered motion activated, because the whole image was changing, (even it was programmed to do so), the motion active feature has a bug not able to differentiate real motion or motion due to patrol rotation, I think it is a feature bug.

This bug also applies to motion notification feature.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 04:26:18 AM »

when the camera was working on the patrol mode (moving one point to another), its received image is considered motion activated, because the whole image was changing, (even it was programmed to do so), the motion active feature has a bug not able to differentiate real motion or motion due to patrol rotation, I think it is a feature bug.

This bug also applies to motion notification feature.

Thanks. . .Added.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 04:29:00 AM »

DNS-5222L Wishlist

• Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)

• TBD

ody

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 08:03:09 AM »

I’m trying to use this camera to monitor and record activity in an office.

The current firmware 1.01 only allows me to capture portions of activity.

In the Snapshot section: ie. 6 images taken at 1 second intervals.

1 second intervals sounds fast but with a person walking across an office, you might only capture a couple images at best. Then a pause before it captures another set.

I would like to see the firmware add the ability to:
Take 3 or 4 images per second. (and ftp them)
 And keep doing this until the motion has stopped.

So allowing the interval to be set to .25, .33, .5 seconds would help

Also being able to select “continuous” based on motion. That is if the image keeps changing, keep ftping images at the rate mentioned above.

An older Dlink camera “DC-930L” with probably much less memory and slower CPU in the camera seemed to be easily keeping up with 3-4 frames per second (ftp’d)

Of course the filename would have to be extended by a character to indicate 1,2,3,4,5 (or whatever)

-------------
It might also be nice to have an option to ftp all images to a common directory instead of the drilled down date directories. (ie. don't create the yyyymmdd/hh/ directories. The filename has all that info already)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:05:35 AM by ody »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 11:52:53 AM »

I’m trying to use this camera to monitor and record activity in an office.

The current firmware 1.01 only allows me to capture portions of activity.

In the Snapshot section: ie. 6 images taken at 1 second intervals.

1 second intervals sounds fast but with a person walking across an office, you might only capture a couple images at best. Then a pause before it captures another set.

I would like to see the firmware add the ability to:
Take 3 or 4 images per second. (and ftp them)
 And keep doing this until the motion has stopped.

So allowing the interval to be set to .25, .33, .5 seconds would help

Also being able to select “continuous” based on motion. That is if the image keeps changing, keep ftping images at the rate mentioned above.

An older Dlink camera “DC-930L” with probably much less memory and slower CPU in the camera seemed to be easily keeping up with 3-4 frames per second (ftp’d)

Of course the filename would have to be extended by a character to indicate 1,2,3,4,5 (or whatever)

-------------
It might also be nice to have an option to ftp all images to a common directory instead of the drilled down date directories. (ie. don't create the yyyymmdd/hh/ directories. The filename has all that info already)

Added. . .

Although I am unsure how "continuous" based on motion differs from the motion detection already available. Either option would seem to send images during a motion detection event. Although perhaps not ideal given the always-on PC requirement, you can capture true continuous motion using video capture using D-ViewCam.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15