• March 28, 2024, 07:13:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-8000LH - Firmware v2.01.03 Released  (Read 25288 times)

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
DCS-8000LH - Firmware v2.01.03 Released
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:00:56 AM »

Firmware version 2.01.03 has been released. You can only upgrade using the mydlink App.  Firmware will be pushed through the mydlink server in the next few days. The mydlink app will notify you when a new firmware is available.

NOTE: If you are using firmware 1.x.x and want to continue using the mydlink Lite app and HTTP/RTSP features, DO NOT UPGRADE to 2.x.x.

Release Notes:

New Features:
1. Change mydlink agent to v3.0.0-b71.
2. Support mydlink Requirements for IoT Agent Version 1.0.6.
3. Add mirror and Flip functions.
4. Support mydlink Requirements for Streaming Agent Version 0.5.1.

Fixes:
1. LED on/off support
2. Disable NTP client support.
3. OSD time is not sync with the time get from "date" command.
4. mydlink app could not setup WiFi connection successfully if password has "space" character.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:03:25 AM by GreenBay42 »

fares

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-8000LH - Firmware v2.01.03 Released
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:12:09 PM »

Hi,
I just bought a DCS-8000LH camera.
The firmware upgraded to 1.02.04 but I did not find how to upgrade to version 2 in order to use the cloud storage feature !
Can you tell me how to do this ?

fares

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »

I finally could upgrade it by opening the mydlink app instead of mydlink lite

homepro

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »

Hi,

I bought this camera because of the HTTP/RTSP support. When I got the item it was already v2.X.
Could you please advise how to downgrade to v1.x. Or are the any plans to implement HTTP/RTSP in this version of code?

This feature is extremely important. Without it I need to look for another vendor which supports.
The ultimate goal is to be able to check the live stream on PC not a small handheld phone.

Thanks,
Homepro

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade to 1.x.  I wish you could (believe me I wish). The DCS-8xxxLH series cameras are app only and removed RTSP support. These are the only 4 cameras out of the 30+ cameras dlink sells that does not have RTSP.

homepro

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 12:40:38 AM »

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade to 1.x.  I wish you could (believe me I wish). The DCS-8xxxLH series cameras are app only and removed RTSP support. These are the only 4 cameras out of the 30+ cameras dlink sells that does not have RTSP.

On almost all the sites which are selling this product RTSP is listed in the SPECS. I feel tricked! At least we could have access to the stream via MYDLINK.COM. This product line simply worth nothing. I think I will return this product for a FULL refund. Honestly I dont feel that DLINK is giving the right attention to this matter.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »

Which sites?  The datasheet was updated a long time ago. I will email the camera group to verify websites have the correct information.

I agree with you. They should have left it a feature and at least have downgrading back to 1.x an option.

Remember probably at least 90% of the customer base doesn't even know what RTSP is so saying it is worthless is not accurate. It is worthless to you. So yes you should return it and purchase a camera that fits your needs.

homepro

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »

Which sites?  The datasheet was updated a long time ago. I will email the camera group to verify websites have the correct information.

I agree with you. They should have left it a feature and at least have downgrading back to 1.x an option.

Remember probably at least 90% of the customer base doesn't even know what RTSP is so saying it is worthless is not accurate. It is worthless to you. So yes you should return it and purchase a camera that fits your needs.

I am referring to sites where this product is on sale not DLINK official site. Removing HTTP/RTSP support simply does not cascade to webshops.
Is there any way to watch the stream on Laptop (not phone or tablet)?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 09:03:54 AM »

Unfortunately you cannot view from a non-iOS or android device.

Some websites do pull product information from D-Link (webcollage). Some of the smaller sites may not use it. If you see any please let me know and I can notify D-Link. 

atis380

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 11:05:11 AM »

Hello,

I also bought this camera because the D-Link website (https://eu.dlink.com/fr/fr/products/dcs-8300lh-mydlink-full-hd-indoor-camera) says it supports RTSP.

The fact is that is doesn't. You say they removed the feature. I can understand this from a legal point of view, and products can evolve, even in the bad direction. But then advertising the feature is not fair. You can not "add" a feature in the advertisements and "remove" it from the product ! You could remove it temporarily for security reasons (this would be a really bad argument anyway), but then you have to tell when it will be back.

Best,

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 08:49:44 AM »

Agreed.

You may want to contact tech support/customer service in your region. I do not have contacts for D-Link Europe.

RTSP is being used to communicate from the app to camera so the technical specs (datasheet) may include it as supported. Technically it is but obviously not for "public use" and it should not be listed. I will contact the camera group and see if they can forward this to the right people in Europe.

kamsvag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 11:47:51 AM »

This 'update' broke the cameras as far as I am concerned.

As you can no longer use external apps such as Synology Surveillance Station, iSpy or motionEyeOS they became pretty much useless. To force users into some poorly designed app and subscription service is in my opinion a Brutus move, plain back stabbing.

kamsvag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 11:49:53 AM »

Any way to downgrade firmware to a previous version?

bmork

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 03:20:43 AM »

Any way to downgrade firmware to a previous version?

Yes.  It is still possible to enable the web server in the 2.xx.xx firmwares (tested with v2.01.03 and v2.02.02). THis web server supports firmware upgrades and downgrades using the http://CAMERA-IP/config/firmwareupgrade.cgi API endpoint.  You can also do the downgrade using the /sbin/fwupdate tool from a shell on the camera, using either telnet or serial console to access it.

But if the reason for wanting to downgrade is simply to make the camera usable without the mydlink app/cloud, then I have even better news:  You can fix that without downgrading!

See https://github.com/bmork/defogger for more details than you might have known you wanted  :)

Bobone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 08:37:24 AM »

Your  repo is very impressive!
Although not really accessible for my skills. :'(

(I left my old device exposed to some rain. Now it doesn't work and would have been willing to try anything.)