• April 26, 2024, 09:30:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L not obeying frames per second settings  (Read 6172 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
DCS-932L not obeying frames per second settings
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »

I started a post in the DCS-930L forum comparing the difficulties of setting the frame rate, and the differing unresponsiveness of the two camera types; titled: "Not obeying frames per second settings"
    Summarizing for this forum: The DCS-932L, when enabled for Motion Detection + ftp, sends a several second long sequence of images at 15 fps; I find that the fps controls just have no effect.
    This really fills up the ftp storage fast. One must set the 0.5 hour folders option, or else the number of files accumulated in a day becomes too huge to manage, at least in a FAT disk partition.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L not obeying frames per second settings
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »

This issue plays havoc with email notifications. Consider the number of emails an account will receive in a 24 hour period with just a moderate level of motion detection activity.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:13:00 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »

Yes, that's why I have not even tried to use email with the 932 !!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »

Yes, that's why I have not even tried to use email with the 932 !!!

Exactly. The result is the same as spamming your own email account.

rgs9559

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »

So what is the point of having these cameras if you can not save any images. I just installed 4 932's. I set up 4 different yahoo accounts to handle all the emails I was getting. Yahoo just suspended the accounts. i am very disappointed with this dlink system.
I have one Foscam that I run through a DNAS service and have no problem with that. I should have bought more foscams, but the dlink advertises the ease of install.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:49 AM »

So what is the point of having these cameras if you can not save any images. I just installed 4 932's. I set up 4 different yahoo accounts to handle all the emails I was getting. Yahoo just suspended the accounts. i am very disappointed with this dlink system.
I have one Foscam that I run through a DNAS service and have no problem with that. I should have bought more foscams, but the dlink advertises the ease of install.

Unfortunately, if image emailing was a primary reason for purchasing the DCS-932L, the frames per second issue in the current firmware is a significant drawback. Hopefully D-Link will recognize this issue and develop a firmware fix. ???