• March 28, 2024, 01:23:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: dcs 1130 and 930  (Read 8197 times)

bismarck

• Level 1 Member
dcs 1130 and 930
« on: April 10, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

apparently the dlink website was changed, as it told me i was required to update my java.
so updated java...

i can connect to the 930 on my laptop with no problems.
i can not connect to the 1130 at all on my laptop.

i can not connect to the 930 on my droid.
i can connect to the 1130 on my droid very quickly now.

nothing has changed on the network, as i was able to connect to both devices last week with no problems, however it was a little slow.  with the java update, connecting to the devices that i can is very quick, but i have no way of connecting to some devices now.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
Re: dcs 1130 and 930
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:46:21 AM »

I too have noticed that now when at home and on the same network as the cameras, the mydlink site takes a good minute to connect. the image is 320x240 with a 60-second countdown timer -- just like when I try to connect from work. Before, when I was home, the connection was immediate, at 640x480 and there was no 60-second countdown.

The mydlink Lite app on my Android phone still works fine even though that too was recently updated (I updated my app yesterday). On my phone, when I have wi-fi enabled and I'm connected to my router at home, connection is instant. When connected via 3G, it takes about a minute to connect before I see the live video feed.

D-Link has obviously made some changes. Not sure if it's documented anywhere.

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:15:15 AM »

I too have noticed that now when at home and on the same network as the cameras, the mydlink site takes a good minute to connect. the image is 320x240 with a 60-second countdown timer -- just like when I try to connect from work. Before, when I was home, the connection was immediate, at 640x480 and there was no 60-second countdown.
D-Link has obviously made some changes. Not sure if it's documented anywhere.

Look up the 930 on the dlink site and go to the FAQ's...they talk about the countdown timer and resolution....they are due to your router I believe...

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »

Look up the 930 on the dlink site and go to the FAQ's...they talk about the countdown timer and resolution....they are due to your router I believe...

Yeah, I read the FAQ's.

Why can I only view my camera's Live Video for one minute?

If your camera is connected to a router that does not support UPnP, you will only be able to remotely view your Live Video for one minute at a time. If you are viewing your Live Video from a PC on the same local network, or if your router supports UPnP, you will not have this limitation.

My router support UPnP and it was working fine before. Nothing's changed on my side. DLink did something to the mydlink site so now that even when I am using my home PC on the same local network as the cameras, there's now a time limit.

bismarck

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »

yes, they upgraded the firmware on the devices to limit the viewing to 1 min.
it's not a browser or phone issue, dlink did it most likely to limit the bandwidth on their end.
imagine everyone, constantly streaming the video.  that's a lot of bandwidth they need to supply on their end.  it was easier for them to just change the firmware to 1 min viewing, eliminating the need for massive bandwidth

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »

yes, they upgraded the firmware on the devices to limit the viewing to 1 min.
it's not a browser or phone issue, dlink did it most likely to limit the bandwidth on their end.
imagine everyone, constantly streaming the video.  that's a lot of bandwidth they need to supply on their end.  it was easier for them to just change the firmware to 1 min viewing, eliminating the need for massive bandwidth

What in the world are you talking about???

D-Link does not have the authority to remotely upgrade the firmware on our devices (cameras). All 4 of mine are still reporting firmware version 1.00.

If I connect to mydlink.com at home, I am in turn connecting to my local cameras and therefore there's not a bandwidth issue. Furthermore, when I connect to mydlink,.com from my office, explain to me how D-Link is supplying the bandwidth. The video is streaming directly from my camera to my work PC. The mydlink site is merely a "front-end" or "portal".

If I go to CNN.com and there's a YouTube video in the middle of an article and I play it, CNN is not footing the bill for bandwidth. The host (in this case, YouTube) is.

rjmmoon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 01:01:52 PM »

I fully agree with TD99!

txskibum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »

I have the same issue with the 1 min countdown from work.  I have the 1130 camera, and DIR 855 router.  i have uPnP fully enabled, and the cameras where configured with the uPnP button!  I have the 1 minute countdown.  D-Link needs to fix this somehow.

On the Andriod phone, I DO NOT have a 1 min limit.
If I connect via "Camera Web Page", I DO NOT have a 1 min limit.
Its only through the "Live Video" tab i have the 1 min limit count down...

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »

I have the same issue with the 1 min countdown from work.  I have the 1130 camera, and DIR 855 router.  i have uPnP fully enabled, and the cameras where configured with the uPnP button!  I have the 1 minute countdown.  D-Link needs to fix this somehow.

On the Andriod phone, I DO NOT have a 1 min limit.
If I connect via "Camera Web Page", I DO NOT have a 1 min limit.
Its only through the "Live Video" tab i have the 1 min limit count down...

Maybe you should open a new support case with D-Link Support since you have a D-Link router too. Post your results here.

davidtn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »

New forum member here...I'm curious as to what happened with this issue, if anything?