• March 28, 2024, 10:25:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with DCS-932L Motion Detection  (Read 24641 times)

lenscape

• Level 1 Member
Problem with DCS-932L Motion Detection
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »

I was trying to set schedule motion detection with DCS-932L. (I.E Only record motion during 7pm to 7am) I couldn't find any settings to do that. I have Panasonic IP cameras which lets you do that. I find this is a huge draw back besides the audio (static) issue. I have talked to tech support about this but no solution from them either. They asked me to post my complain on this forum, hopefully they will fix this with new firmware update or I'm returning all 3 of my cameras. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. >:( >:( >:(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Problem with DCS-932L Motion Detection
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 05:54:59 AM »

Yes, the firmware is a bit disjointed. You can schedule mail, FTP, Day / Night Mode, but not motion detection. The firmware presently lacks this capability.

Regarding when a firmware update is likely, that's a complete unknown. Unfortunately, unlike many of the other mainstream products supported on this forum, there doesn't appear to be an official D-Link moderator/technician responding to forum posts on the DCS-930/932 (or at least none that I've seen in the past two months).
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Ken

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »

Seems to me that you set up and enable the time slots under "Mail" - Time Selection, then enable motion detection under "Motion Detection". Motion detection will be turned on 7/24 but only mail during the time period you're looking for. Looks like FTP will operate the same way.

lenscape

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:45:38 AM »

Seems to me that you set up and enable the time slots under "Mail" - Time Selection, then enable motion detection under "Motion Detection". Motion detection will be turned on 7/24 but only mail during the time period you're looking for. Looks like FTP will operate the same way.

You can set either time or motion, can't enable time when motion detection is selected. This can be fixed with firmware update. My other cameras have this option. Motion detection is useless without this feature.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 10:32:41 AM »

It's a simple firmware fix, the question is "if" and "when". Again, I haven't seen any moderator participation in the camera section of these forums.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Ken

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

OK, it is now, on the 24-hour clock, 20:01 (8:01PM). I set my 930L to stop emailing at 19:16 (7:16PM) and have received no emails since 19:15 where I did get emails, at least the scheduled email every 5 minutes (300 seconds) or so if there were no motion. The 932L had a time limit up to 18:30 (6:30PM). No emails from that unit since 18:15 (it's set to send scheduled emails every 10 minutes). The 930L has part of the TV in it's view and I have also walked around within it's view as well as within the 932L's view.

What this tells me is that when Motion Detection is enabled in the Motion Detection page and emailing is enabled there will be emails. The emails will come Always, on a Schedule, or as specified in the Motion Detection option portion of the Mail screen.

If no motion is detected during the scheduled time you will at least get a "scheduled email" when the E-Mail Interval time has expired. That is every 300 seconds, 600 seconds, or however many seconds are set.

I can only assume this will be the same in the case of FTP as the FTP options are very similar. Unfortunately I do not have an FTP setup to test this (yet). 

wxppf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:35 AM »

Here also motion detection problem... mail test is working flawless, turning Night to day modus detects a change, but movements are not working even on 100%

wxppf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »

anybody already a solution for this... looks like cam is falling in standby mode.. after reboot device.. all working fine again for a few hours....

wawaba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »

+1 for wxppf. same problem for me.

Look at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56103.msg225057#msg225057

wxppf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 06:42:05 AM »

What I did is turned off the wifi of the camera and I wired it up. since then all is working flawless... looks like the wifi is falling into standbye mode :s

wawaba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 07:13:47 AM »

Thank  you wxppf, I'll try this evening.

I have to move the camera or drill the wall to plug a cable...

I'm so happy to have camera with half functionality after one year, thank you dlink  >:(

regards