• March 28, 2024, 04:10:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need Help Configuring Router To Except Flight Simulator X Lan  (Read 3292 times)

eddy315west

• Level 2 Member
Need Help Configuring Router To Except Flight Simulator X Lan
« on: January 08, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »

ok heres my problem i wanna host  a game in flight simulator x via lan that way my friends all across the us can connect to my pc. heres the problem though when i have my router  connected they all type in my ip and no one can connect. now when i remove my router and connect to my cable modem they can all connect by typing in my ip with no problems at all.
now i would like to keep my router since i do use my xbox 360 and playstation 3 wirless here and there .but i wanna let my friends connect to play and its getting annoying having to disconnect my router so we can play and then re connecting it back after were all done. any suggestion on how to set it up  so theyt can connect via the games lan option?

CrunchyDoodle

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need Help Configuring Router To Except Flight Simulator X Lan
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »

I'm guessing you need to set the router to forward one or more ports, and / or set for a virtual server. By nature, any router will keep outside computers out. You need to allow these outside users access to the host of the game. This means setting some ports to be forwarded to the host so it can get them.

If what I'm saying seems hard to grasp, then you need to study the router documentation for how to host a game for computers outside your local network.

Bye.      8)