• April 19, 2024, 05:05:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Low bitrate and fps, then disconnect camera  (Read 10096 times)

sim

• Level 1 Member
Low bitrate and fps, then disconnect camera
« on: February 03, 2013, 04:39:38 AM »

Couple days ago I attached a second camera to the DNR-322L, both on WiFi and both worked great for couple days without no disconnects or slow downs.

I've rebooted everything, changed WiFi channels (made it worse) in case it's other AP in the area causing problems but according to inSSIDer I'm the only person using the channel (unless someone has hidden SSID/not broadcasting SSID).

Anyone with DNR-322L and more than one camera running on WiFi? how is the performance for you? Have other AP in the area?

Router is 300/300 on 2.4 and 5Ghz, only camera's and mobile phone's are connected to the 2.4Ghz WiFi all other bandwidth goes through the 5Ghz band.

Any tips or tweaks? HomePlugs are not an option.

sim

• Level 1 Member
Re: Low bitrate and fps, then disconnect camera
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »

Brought three high end AC routers, and running the IP camera's on the 5GHZ band, happy days sorted.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:11:41 PM »

Brought three high end AC routers, and running the IP camera's on the 5GHZ band, happy days sorted.

For real?

My DCS-2230 doesn't see my 5GHz network, and same with 5222L and 2132L...

I know because I labeled it "xxxxxxx5g"...

I'd love to know how.

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »

For real?

My DCS-2230 doesn't see my 5GHz network, and same with 5222L and 2132L...

I know because I labeled it "xxxxxxx5g"...

I'd love to know how.

All the models mention here are 2.4Ghz wireless cameras... they will never detect the 5Ghz band channels and by that, they will not run on the 5Ghz frequency.

Distance and other wireless network around may cause some issues with interference, that may cause the cameras to drop off of the NVR unit. If the wireless AP/Router is set for "auto channel scan", you may want to try setting a static channel (1, 6, 11) sound like you already try that, but others may not yet. Since you are already using inSSIDer, the inSSIDer Home has a cool feature that scan your wireless environment and provides a suggestion on what channel is best to operate, base on the number of Wireless station around you. I've used this a couple of times with awesome results, just make sure not to trust the first run... do a few test and average the results as they change from one to the other. 

Other things to consider would be number of devices attaching to the same wireless AP/Router and the load of the wireless network.  It may also help if you set up the bitrate and FPS on the cameras to a lower setting to sort of ease the bandwidth requirements to stream to your NVR. If you are recording 24/7, consider your cameras as heavy users of your wireless network, not only because of the bandwidth they consume, but because they are constantly consuming that bandwidth.

Make sure your NVR is running the latest firmware v1.50b03, it is still in BETA, but it addresses a number of vulnerabilities that were found by Qualys. 

Support site Link for more information:
http://www.dlink.com/us/en/support/product/dnr-322l-cloud-network-video-recorder

Direct Link to FTP:
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dnr322L/Beta/Firmware/dnr-322L_FW_1_50_BETA.zip

Let us know what works for you.

sim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 04:25:04 AM »

Each camera is connected to one Ethernet Bridge which is setup to connect to my 5GHz network.

I also have bridge mode setup on two routers, these connect to the 5GHz SSID to my main router downstairs which is plugged into my modem with on paper lan speeds of up to 1.3Gbps.

I'm guessing the NIC interface on the camera is 10/100? but still it's going over WiFi.

Thanks for the reply Kakashi::.

I've already done the stuff you suggested, and I'm running each camera on H.264 1280x720 at 30 FPS and 2 Mbps.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:48:28 AM by sim »