• April 23, 2024, 09:36:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 655 and Nordictrack treadmill  (Read 9474 times)

btw574

• Level 1 Member
655 and Nordictrack treadmill
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »

I just bought a new Nordictrack tread mill that has the 10" screen with the Android web browser
and I can not get it to work.
If I turn off the security setting on the router it works fine but when I turn the security back on it blocks it according to the log.
All my laptops and gaming system work fine along with the kids IPODS.
Can any one give me any ideas on what to do.

Hard Harry

Re: 655 and Nordictrack treadmill
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »

Wow..treadmills now huh? What's next? Dude, if I have to troubleshoot a internet connection to a toothbrush I'm out!  :D :D :D

Seriously though, I assume this is a wireless connection, what are the treadmill's wireless specs? What is the model number?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »

Wow, really? Gotta have internet while running on a tread mill huh? Well it's the same as some car mfrs putting internet into them. Bad idea there IMO.  >:(

What security modes are you running on the router?
Make sure the wireless supports WPA or WPA2 modes.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Hard Harry

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 01:59:46 PM »

Found this in one of the manuals

If you are having problems connecting, unencrypt
your network, update your console firmware (see
step 7 on page 26), and then encrypt your network.

Also, I assume your signed up with a Ifit account? You need that for the device to work, I guess it's a subscription service?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:02:13 PM by Hard Harry »

btw574

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »

When I put my network to unsecured I checked for updates for it and there were none.
The model is a Commercial 2150.
The manual states must have a 802.11 b/n router with SSID enabled. IFIT module supports unsecured and secured WEP, WPA and WPA2.
I also copied the following from their web page

Question: The iFit Setup Utility Failed to Connect to my Network. How do I verify my connection?

Answer: There are several reasons that the iFit Setup utility may be unable to connect you to your wireless network. The iFit wifi module has been tested on a large number of network configurations, but due to the sheer number of routers and access point devices available to the consumer, we cannot guarantee that your network will work with our wifi module. Please check the following items

1.DHCP - make sure that your router has DHCP enabled.
2.802.11B - The iFit Live Module only communicates using the 802.11B standard; make sure that your router is capable of broadcasting in 802.11B. Most "G" routers are set to mixed mode by default, which includes both G and B communication. Verify that your router is setup to broadcast in a mixed mode that includes B, or exclusively communicating in 'B' mode.
3.Public SSID - The iFit Live Module can only connect to SSID's that are publicly broadcast; some routers are configured as private. Make sure that your router is broadcasting its SSID, or the wifi module will not see it. NOTE: The SSID is the name of your router.
4.Network Password - While configuring your wifi module for your network, you are required to enter the WEP/WPA encryption key or "passphrase" that is set on your router. It is usually case sensitive. If you have incorrectly entered your password, the wifi module will not be able to connect.
5.MAC Address Filtering - Some routers only allow certain MAC addresses to connect to them. This is common with routers that are configured by your ISP (Qwest, Comcast, Verizon, etc). If you have activated MAC filtering on your router, it will be necessary to add the MAC Address of your module to the list of allowed MAC Addresses. You may need to contact your ISP to configure this list.
6.Software Applications - Some 3rd party software packages (especially security programs) may block your wifi module from connecting to our iFit Servers. You may need to configure your security software / firewall(s) to add the wifi module as a trusted device.
7.Computer Security - There are many system settings that can prohibit connections of any kind. Check your windows firewall and if you are running WINDOWS VISTA or WINDOWS 7, security is much tighter than previous versions of Windows. You may need to add your WIFI Module though the Control Panel to allow it access to your computer.
8.ISP Blocking - If your Internet Provider supplied a broadband modem (DSL / Cable) that also functions as a wireless router for your home network, all computers and devices connected to that modem will be visible on your ISP's network. Your iFit wifi module may be detected as a foreign device and be blocked for security reasons. If you do not have a separate router connected to your modem, and your wifi module is not able to communicate properly, you will need to do one of the following things:
a.Contact your Internet Provider for assistance in allowing your wifi module access to their network.
b.Purchase a wireless router that you can configure to your ISP broadband modem, so that your wifi module can be assigned a valid IP address within your home network.
9.WEP Encryption - If you are using WEP encryption, our module requires the WEP key to be entered as hexadecimal characters (0-9 , A-F) If you use other characters in your WEP key, the wifi module will not be able to communicate using WEP encryption. If you still have problems, try using WPA encryption instead.
10.If you have verified all of the previous steps, you may want to try disabling security temporarily. Try configuring the module while your network is unsecured. This will help you determine whether your issue is with WEP/WPA encryption, or something else. If you still cannot connect on an open network, please contact your Internet Provider, or the manufacturer of your router for additional assistance. They may be able to help you configure network settings that are beyond our control, such as resetting the router back to factory settings.

btw574

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »

Why not have it on a tread mill. Spend 30-45 minutes on it and I can have ESPN up and running or local news. What else would you be doing. I do not own an IPOD to listen to.

Hard Harry

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 11:03:24 PM »

"The iFit Live Module only communicates using the 802.11B standard;"

Well thats probably your problem. When you left it unsecured did it connect? If not, what is your 802.11 Mode set to? Default is N/G/B. If it does connect unsecure, but not secure, probably a issue with AES. Set your Security to WPA only, with TKIP. It's going to bottleneck the rest of your network a bit though, and you may have to change the wireless settings on all your laptops. Another router to go would be to buy a wireless Ethernet adapter and use it as a bridge between your router and the device. Can it work on a wired connection?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »

One other possibility is if your other devices need faster connections, Leave the 655 at G and N and get your self a cheap AP or a cheap Dlink router that has B mode in it and set it up as an AP coming off the 655. Then you can broadcast G and N and still have B mode for the tread mill.  ;)
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

btw574

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »

I have the router set Mixed 802.11n, 802.11g and 802.11b and it is on Auto WPA or WPA2
Yes when I left it unsecured it did connect and worked perfectly fine.
Unfortunately it does not have a way to use an Ethernet adaptor

Hard Harry

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »

Set your Security to WPA only, with TKIP. It's going to bottleneck the rest of your network a bit though, and you may have to change the wireless settings on all your laptops