• May 12, 2024, 10:07:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Incremental backup is still broke  (Read 2525 times)

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
Incremental backup is still broke
« on: August 15, 2009, 08:18:48 AM »

I just tried, several times, a incremental backup and it is still broke.

The process:

A "Photo" folder in both volumes.
Inside each folder several folders (one per year) named, and inside them folders for months (1...12) and inside these third level of folders my photos:
Volume 2 (the target of my backup) folders from 2003 till 2008 with their respective data inside (as previously explained.
Volume 1 (the source of my backup) the same data as in Volume 2 and the additional 2009 folder (with its data month's folders and photos inside).

The incremental backup process, I suppose, would have copied ONLY the 2009 folder and its components form Volume 1 to Volume 2.
However what I have at Volume 2 when the process completes is a new empty folder named 2. Only 2 and not 2009 and totally empty.

Thanks for any feedback.

I would prefer rsync + wget + cron in place of the scheduled download but to my backup process the scheduled download is a poor guys substitute to rsync, but only if incremental works.

Thanks again

Just to complement.

Also inside folder 2008 in Volume 1 I had the folder 12 with its respective photos (not previously at Volume1) and it was not copied to Volume 2 also.

Regards
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 08:39:33 AM by zehninguem »

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
Re: Incremental backup is still broke
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »

Just to complement.

Also inside folder 2008 in Volume 1 I had the folder 12 with its respective photos (not previously at Volume1) and it was not copied to Volume 2 also.

Regards

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
Re: Incremental backup is still broke
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »

The Incremental backup never work for me. Using Drive_1 (source) to Drive_2 (target).
It stop after a certain time, and not complete the backup. Also i suspect it copy the entire drive all the time, instead of copy only the modification.

No good tools provide to help diagnose where are the problems, exept for a Web interface in Beta version, that not to good. It can be easier to have a TXT file in the ROOT of each drive.