• April 16, 2024, 02:20:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cloud Recording - General FAQs  (Read 20919 times)

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Cloud Recording - General FAQs
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »

What is the mydlink cloud recording service?
- The mydlink cameras record videos to the cloud when an event is detected. How long these recordings are retained in the cloud depends on which subscription plan you choose.

Where can I find mydlink cloud recording service?
- The mydlink cloud recording service is only available for in-app subscription in the mydlink app.

Is it mandatory to subscribe to the mydlink cloud recording service?
- No, the mydlink cloud recording service is an optional plan. You don’t need to activate this option if you don’t need it.

Will the mydlink cloud recording service be available for all countries?
- Please download the mydlink app from the App Store or Google Play to access to the mydlink cloud recording service. In China, in-app subscription is only available from the App Store. In Cuba, no paid service is available.

Are the time mentioned in the mydlink cloud recording plans referring to my local time zone?
- All time mentioned in the plan is in accordance with the local time zone.

Where are my videos stored?
- Your videos will be stored and maintained securely on the mydlink cloud server.

How does D-Link keep my videos private and secure in the cloud?
- Your e-mail address is the account you use to access the mydlink cloud recording service on the mydlink app. To keep your videos private and secure, please don’t share your login information, including e-mail address and password, with other people.

Do my cameras support the mydlink cloud recording service?
- Currently the DCS-8000LH and 8100LH (with firmware 2.xx or later) are supported.

Can cloud recordings and SD card recordings work simultaneously?
- No, your camera can’t record videos to the cloud and the micro SD card simultaneously.

Can I watch footage on my PC?
No. You can watch your footage only on the mydlink app. You can download the video from the cloud to your device, then to your PC.

Can videos be downloaded from the cloud to the SD card of my cameras?
- No, but you can download videos from the cloud to your mobile device, and share them or enjoy them locally at any time.

Can my recordings be synchronized with my Google Drive or Dropbox account?
- No, but you can download videos from the cloud to your mobile device,then upload to Google Drive or Dropbox.

Can I share my video with other people?
- Yes, but you’ll have to first download videos from the cloud to your mobile devices to share them with friends.

Can I share my video in the cloud with other mydlink accounts?
- No, you can’t share video with other mydlink accounts.

What is the bandwidth requirement? How long will it take to upload a video?
- The optimal bandwidth is at least 1Mbps. The time it takes to upload video is dependent on your network environment.

What circumstances will result in failed cloud recordings?
- Your camera will still record videos to the cloud under a lower bandwidth environment. However, before each video is completely uploaded to the cloud, new recordings will be postponed and can be missed during this time.

Why can’t I find my videos?
- There are several reasons why you can’t find videos.
1. The subscription plan expired.
2. Videos are overwritten a recording to your subscription plan (ex. days/storage limit).
3. The camera is not in the cloud recording device list.
4. Check if you’re set a rule for event triggering when enabling cloud recording.

Why does my camera stop recording videos to the cloud?
- There are several reasons why the camera stops recording videos to the cloud:
1. The subscription plan expiresd.
2. The camera is not in the cloud recording device list.
3. Privacy mode is enabled.