• April 19, 2024, 11:50:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1522 in bridge mode not always connected  (Read 8422 times)

VOS

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1522 in bridge mode not always connected
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »

Need some help on this one and can't figure out if I have a setting wrong or if its something else.  It seems like my DAP-1522 "times out" (for a lack of better words) on occasion.  I have to either unplug it and plug it back in for Network Magic to show it as "online" or I have to sign into my Playstation account via my PS3.  Here's what I have setup:

DGL-4500 with desktop PC hooked up to it (office), Network Magic and Zone Alarm Pro installed
DAP-1522 wireless bridge mode (family room) with Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and Directv hooked up to it.

It stays on most of the time but like I mentioned earlier, if I try to connect to Xbox Live or download something on demand with Directv (with Network Magic showing DAP-1522 as offline), no dice.  I then have to turn on my PS3 and sign in, everything works fine (I can then get into Xbox Live and download with my Directv receiver with no problem).

Is there something in need to adjust in my router settings (shows 0.0.0.0 for the IP address under the Status>Wireless tab when its connected), Network Magic, or Zone Alarm Pro?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Element

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1522 in bridge mode not always connected
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »

A few answers to these questions would help me assist you better...

1. What kind of security are you using on the wireless network
2. Are Wi-Fi Protected Setup and/or MAC Filtering turned on in the router?
3. How often do these disconnects happen?

VOS

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1522 in bridge mode not always connected
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:40:49 PM »

1.  I have my router set for WPA-Personal with WPA Mode set at Auto (WPA or WPA2)
2.  I haven't ran the wizard for the Wi-Fi Protected Setup, should I?  Mac Address filtering is off (waiting for the new firmware update for my DGL-4500 as Mac filtering is having issues with the current firmware).
3.  I'll have to keep an eye on the disconnects.  They happen infrequently and it is connected more than it is disconnected.