• March 28, 2024, 09:49:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 103105 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »

The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

• General - Web UI interface to modify network, video, image, administrative, and general camera settings similar to other D-Link Cloud cameras
  • General - Open source firmware
  • General - Option to configure the boot-up music (i.e. enable, disable, change volume)
  • Audio - Noise Cancelling processing to prevent feedback loops between camera speakers and microphone
  • Events - Support for scheduled recording
  • Image/Video - Portrait display support
  • Log File - Maintain log of user login attempts with username, IP, date, time, URL)
  • Lullaby - Option to save custom lullaby to SD card
  • Mobile App - Ability to shutdown the camera
  • Mobile App - Control to disable temperature sensor
  • Mobile App - French language translation contains some seemingly random symbols/characters
  • Mobile App - Improved tablet support (i.e. improved layout, button text, missing buttons, etc.)
  • Mobile App - Option to configure email notifications from the mobile app (i.e. multiple emails for different events and ability to add snapshots)
  • Mobile App - Option to "Exit" the app (rather than closing via Task Manager)
  • Mobile App - Support for multiple guest accounts with access limited to viewing live video streams
  • Notifications - Enable push notification when mobile app is on in the background
  • SD Card - FTP support
  • SD Card - NFS support
  • SD Card - Option to disable recording
  • SD Card - Option to record on a schedule
  • Settings - NTP - Option to specify alternate NTP server
  • Settings - NTP - Synch date/time with NTP server

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Mobile App - Landscape mode contains UI inconsistencies (e.g. When "Apply" is selected in the Events screen, users must scroll to top of screen to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise there is no feedback from the app indicating the action was completed)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

friggingreat

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 04:48:46 AM »

Most of the functions already exist but d'link have disabled access to them.
I have access to this but im not sure if d'link will have removed this in newer firmware versions (im on v1.00).

Here is the url you will need to gain access...

http://ipaddr/eng/liveView_debug.cgi

Enjoy!  ;D

francorg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2014, 08:59:53 AM »

Great!!

Thank you,
Roberto

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2014, 05:25:11 AM »

The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

• General - Web UI interface to modify network, video, image, administrative, and general camera settings similar to other D-Link Cloud cameras
  • General - Option to configure the boot-up music (i.e. enable, disable, change volume)
  • Audio - Noise Cancelling processing to prevent feedback loops between camera speakers and microphone
  • Log File - Maintain log of user login attempts with username, IP, date, time, URL)
  • Mobile App - French language translation contains some seemingly random symbols/characters
  • Mobile App - Improved tablet support (i.e. improved layout, button text, missing buttons, etc.)
  • Mobile App - Option to configure email notifications from the mobile app (i.e. multiple emails for different events and ability to add snapshots)
  • Mobile App - Support for multiple guest accounts with access limited to viewing live video streams
  • Notifications - Enable push notification when mobile app is on in the background
  • SD Card - FTP support
  • SD Card - NFS support

• Mobile App - Landscape mode contains UI inconsistencies (e.g. When "Apply" is selected in the Events screen, users must scroll to top of screen to see the "Saving" popup, otherwise there is no feedback from the app indicating the action was completed)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2014, 05:26:05 AM »

If any of the items on the wishlist were already addressed by the latest firmware release (or have new additions), please post your findings/comments here.

veerman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

I have owned the DCS-825L for a few days now and so far it is working great  (I purchased it mainly because of the temperature sensor). I am very happy D-Link kept the local system options (ie. /eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi) available to power-users.

DCS-825L Suggestions
  • General - OSD Temperature label - Option to enable OSD Temperature label on the image itself instead of just an overlay (much like the time stamp OSD option). In other words, I would like if /image/jpeg.cgi included the Temperature status.
  • General - Standalone Temperature Status - Add a temperature status page to the local system options (eg. /eng/admin/temperature_status.cgi) or add a temperature status line to /eng/admin/st_device.cgi
  • SD Card - Better SD Card Diagnostics - My camera (1.03) reports "SD Status : Reinitialization" (unreadable) on the "SD Management" tab but on the "Music Button" tab it can read my card fine (but am unable to set custom music as the card still reports Reinitialization).

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:58:44 AM by veerman »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »

I have owned the DCS-825L for a few days now and so far it is working great  (I purchased it mainly because of the temperature sensor). I am very happy D-Link kept the local system options (ie. /eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi) available to power-users.

DCS-825L Suggestions
  • General - OSD Temperature label - Option to enable OSD Temperature label on the image itself instead of just an overlay (much like the time stamp OSD option). In other words, I would like if /image/jpeg.cgi included the Temperature status.
  • General - Standalone Temperature Status - Add a temperature status page to the local system options (eg. /eng/admin/temperature_status.cgi) or add a temperature status line to /eng/admin/st_device.cgi
  • SD Card - Better SD Card Diagnostics - My camera (1.03) reports "SD Status : Reinitialization" (unreadable) on the "SD Management" tab but on the "Music Button" tab it can read my card fine (but am unable to set custom music as the card still reports Reinitialization).

Thanks in advance!

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2014, 10:24:08 AM »

DCS-825L Wishlist

• SD Card - FTP support
  • SD Card - Improved SD Card diagnostics to troubleshoot access errors
  • SD Card - NFS support
  • Temperature Sensor - Option to add Temperature as an OSD stamp on live video and screen captures
  • Temperature Sensor - Standalone temperature status page in web UI and temperature command line/URL

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:34:04 AM by JavaLawyer »

jabadakkas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 02:00:14 AM »

Dear JavaLawyer. I have some suggestions on what to include in coming firmware or app versions.

• Mobile App: ability to receive push notifications without requiring MyDlink account
  • Mobile App (or camera): option to amplify camera volume. When using the mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with media volume turned to maximum the sounds from the camera are too soft.
  • Mobile App: change sound for push notifications. Right now I'm not sure if I receive an email of if there is movement detected by the camera. Possibly even set different sounds for different event types (noise detection, temperature or movement).
  • Mobile App: recording to android device

Also I would like to have some diagnostic information on why my cloud (mydlink) connection is currently failing. The cloud led is blinking and I'm unable to find where things go wrong.

jabadakkas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2014, 03:05:56 AM »

Dear JavaLawyer. I have some suggestions on what to include in coming firmware or app versions.

• Mobile App: ability to receive push notifications without requiring MyDlink account
  • Mobile App (or camera): option to amplify camera volume. When using the mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 with media volume turned to maximum the sounds from the camera are too soft.
  • Mobile App: change sound for push notifications. Right now I'm not sure if I receive an email of if there is movement detected by the camera. Possibly even set different sounds for different event types (noise detection, temperature or movement).
  • Mobile App: recording to android device

Also I would like to have some diagnostic information on why my cloud (mydlink) connection is currently failing. The cloud led is blinking and I'm unable to find where things go wrong.

Actually, I just did some testing with the webinterface on firmware 1.03 and it turns out microphone sensitivity can be set via the http://ip_address/eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi page. MyDlink connections are still buggy and I don't know why. At least I've been able to establish a connection once. And I keep on receiving prompts to upgrade the firmware.  :'(

DavidAu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2014, 08:55:15 AM »

Woah! http://ipaddr/eng/liveView_debug.cgi and http://ip_address/eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi are amazing... I'm still on fw v1.2 and these hidden Setup and Maintenance pages are very powerful. Why did DLink (in all their wisdom) want to hide this stuff? All configuration items have a decent description and it is easy to find your way around.

For the benefit of others, I'll see if I can tick a few items off the wishlist...

--  URLs above give you this! Image and Video stream format, res, URLs, flip, mirror, white-balance, brightness, saturation, shutter speed etc. 4 image/video stream profiles can be set at different quality & formats (mpeg4/h.264/jpeg). Network, AP Router, AP Client, Dynamic DNS.. don't think we could ask for more, except to make this the standard main screen not a 'debug' one!
    -- Not yet, but at least these screens make it easier to config when you're not on the cloud!.. still open
    -- Not that I've found yet.. still open
    -- Not really, but speaker volume and mic volume can now be set independently, and mic sensitivity.
    -- Yes, full configuration for SD recording. Control recording triggers: motion, sound, temp or 'always', and only on selected weekdays and time periods. Also the source stream to record (1 through 4).. good!
    -- Not that I've found yet.. still open
    -- System log is available on Status page capturing device access (user and IP) and recording trigger events.. good!
    -- Audio is in there too! mp3 files on system and sd card can be deleted and uploaded, change behaviour of the Music button, shuffle, duration.. good!
    -- Not in the 'App' as such, but there is a "reboot.cgi" in the pages which might help.. still open
    -- Not in the 'App' as such, but thermal detection can be controlled in the pages: high threshold, low threshold, OSD alert on/off.. okay
    -- No comment
    -- No comment
    -- Yes! Snapshots can be sent to Email or FTP with up to 3 frames before and after the alert as 1 or 2 second intervals, or likewise Video Clip recording to any length defined in seconds in avi or mp4.. not in the App, but good enough!?
    -- No comment
    -- Yes! Maintenance Admin screen can configure multiple user accounts and the admin account, also IP Filtering can be applied.. good!
    -- Perhaps the system log and snapshot to email/ftp functions might be good enough for power users.. but still open
  • SD Card - FTP support
    -- still open
  • SD Card - Improved SD Card diagnostics to troubleshoot access errors
    -- No comment
  • SD Card - NFS support
    -- still open
    -- Yes! SD Recording can be toggled for video, snapshots, or off. Also it will keep 200mb (configurable) free space by default.. good!
    -- Yes! See 'Events' item above.
    -- Yes! Configurable NTP server address or via DHCP, or set date/time manually
    -- As above

Caveat: I've not actually tested these functions, only that they're accessible through the above URLs. Your own assessment of completeness may vary from mine.
DCS-825L Baby-cam Owner

jabadakkas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »

I performed a reset on my DCS-825L because I changed my wifi SSID. Now the camera is no longer present on the mydlink device list. I'm unable to reregister the camera. Other D-Link cloud cameras seem to have a mydlink settings page, but for the DCS-825L this page is not available. So in a future firmware release I would like to have this feature included. The /var/www/ directory already contain cloudLink.cgi and cloudStatus.cgi files but they don't work.

jmoliver

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2014, 08:42:34 AM »

- Java Requirement - Remove Java dependancy from the mydlink site, or provide a lighter UI. Seems that most sites are moving away from requiring plugins such as Java and Flash. For example - The two laptops I use the most- one is a chromebook which does not run Java and my work PC has blocked Java plugins.

- View only account access - I would like my parents to see my child from their iPhones and PC's, but I do not want them to hear audio/conversations or inadvertently change the camera configurations.

jmoliver

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2014, 07:53:22 PM »

- Chromecast support - When I purchased the DLink Baby Monitor I was hoping I could display/cast the mydlink page on my tv. Unfortunately it does not work. If the ios/android app supported chromecast or Apple TV it would be great

akma1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2014, 10:16:14 PM »

Does anyone know what username and password do you enter for http://ip_address/eng/mainFrame_debug.cgi I know my password but seem not to know my username.
Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6