• April 25, 2024, 02:33:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Active TV Performance - Poor at Best  (Read 6088 times)

mtemple

Active TV Performance - Poor at Best
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »

I been trying to use Active TV with VH1 and MTV a couple of times and the performance is poor at best.  The initial connection seems to go okay but when I try to go into any services I only get choppy performance at best .

The DSM-520 is on a wired network and the PC running the appliication has 3GB and a AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 6000+ dual-core - 3.0GHz  processor.

Anybody had any success using Active TV

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
Re: Active TV Performance - Poor at Best
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:10:12 AM »

What kind of internet connection do you have?  I'm assuming broadband?

mtemple

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »

Yes broadband - charter

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »

Not sure what to say there.  When you said choppy, I thought it might be the internet connection.  I have Charter as well (5 MBit) and for me the VH1 and MTV channels play just fine.  I'm running active-tv on a virtual pc running xp pro.  Host machine is Vista Ultimate 64bit.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »

Please try our new version of ActiveTV software available on the DSM-520 support website.

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSM%2D520
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mtemple

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 01:54:16 PM »

I loaded the latest version last weekend and now when I try to go to VH1 or MTV I get to their sites but when I try to play any content I will get a connecting message and/or  buffering message for a while and then a message will come back saying the content is not available now.

I donwnloaded a movie link movie to my pc and then was able to see and view it using active TV so I don't believe the issue is within my internal network.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »

It sounds to me like you are having a bandwidth issue streaming from the Internet. Stop any other network traffic connecting to the Internet like downloads or torrents from any other PCs on the network. I would recommend trying a speed test on-line like speakeazy.net to see if you are getting the connection speeds provided from your ISP.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream