• April 19, 2024, 10:44:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.12 NA (Signal strength for 2.4)  (Read 3175 times)

monch9

• Level 1 Member
Firmware 1.12 NA (Signal strength for 2.4)
« on: August 01, 2009, 12:10:17 PM »

Hi All,

I decided to upgrade the firmware to 1.12 (skipped 1.11 altogether).

I'm noticing now that my WRT-54G in the living room downstairs that has been mod with the latest DD-WRT running on bridge mode linked to the EVA-8000 is now having trouble connecting with the DIR-825.

Is there a way to boost signal strenght of the DIR-825?  Before I upgraded, it was doing ok.

UPDATE:

I was able to successfully link the DIR-825 and the EVA-8000 (bridged from a WRT-54G).  However, the EVA is reporting a 1 Mbps speed to access video.  Prior to the upgrade, it was reporting 6 Mbps.  Is there some setting that I can change on the DIR-825 to give a better throughput.  By the way, the video files being accessed are in a NAS connected via LAN directly to the 825.

Please help.

Monch
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:36:55 PM by monch9 »

monch9

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 1.12 NA (Signal strength for 2.4)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:39:25 AM »

Hi All (here's a more elaborate history of what I'm trying to do),

History and set up:

I have a D-Link DIR-825 set up as my router upstairs. Connected to it is an Iomega Home network media hard drive where all my movies/pictures are stored.

Downstairs in the living room is a Linksys WRT-54G flashed with the latest DD-WRT firmware running as client bridge mode wifi linked to the D-link 2.4 channel. A Netgear EVA8000 is then connected to the Linksys. The EVA8000 is set up as wired and it calculates around 6mbps on the network test. Good enough for watching videos.

NOW my problem:

I couldn't leave well enough alone and decided to flash the D-Link with the latest firmware (1.12 NA). After several days where I couldn't even connect the 2 routers, I finally have the connection as what I had before. But, the EVA8000 now calculates a 1mbps on the network test (Arghhh!).

Could someone help me here on giving me tips in how to increase throughput. The D-link is running pretty much on factory default (except for the internet settings). The DD-WRT is also pretty much running on factory default.

Monch