• April 23, 2024, 10:58:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 855 5GHz won't change to 11n only? Display shows 11a, webacces shows 11n...  (Read 4222 times)

JPF12

• Level 1 Member

When I change my wireless settings it will give: "Changing wireless security settings may cause Wi-Fi protected Setup to not function as expected".
Did change everything but it will not disappear when changing something in the wireless settings that ends with a "save".

The other problem is my 855 display, it tells me the 5 GHz setting is 11a only (while webacces tells me 11n only). I tried to switch it by webacces to 11a, stays 11a on display. Only 11a/11n mixed will give the right display of the mix.
Somewhere there must be a connection with the error above I asume.

Who had it, who did it, who can tell me more???

2.4:
AGN mixed
20/40 MHz
Personal WPA/WPA2 - AES

5.0:
N-only (display tells A-only...)
40 MHz
Personal WPA2 only - AES
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:09:37 AM by JPF12 »

freeman74

• Level 2 Member

When I change my wireless settings it will give: "Changing wireless security settings may cause Wi-Fi protected Setup to not function as expected".
Did change everything but it will not disappear when changing something in the wireless settings that ends with a "save".

The other problem is my 855 display, it tells me the 5 GHz setting is 11a only (while webacces tells me 11n only). I tried to switch it by webacces to 11a, stays 11a on display. Only 11a/11n mixed will give the right display of the mix.
Somewhere there must be a connection with the error above I asume.

Who had it, who did it, who can tell me more???

2.4:
AGN mixed
20/40 MHz
Personal WPA/WPA2 - AES

5.0:
N-only (display tells A-only...)
40 MHz
Personal WPA2 only - AES

I can only say that I have the same problem.
 :(

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member

I am not sure but the 2.4 Ghz settings might not be set correctly.  2.4 Ghz radio signals can normally only be used with B, G and N wireless networks.  5.0 Ghz radio are used, in general, with A wireless networking and newer dual-band N networks.