• April 18, 2024, 07:13:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Issues after 1.04 firmware upgrade  (Read 3121 times)

lucypotato

• Level 1 Member
Issues after 1.04 firmware upgrade
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:52:09 AM »

I have the DNS-323 with two separate (i.e. non-RAID) drives.
But an odd thing has happened after I flashed it with the 1.04 firmware.
I continue to see the drives (X & Y) in windows explorer for my main desktop and two wireless laptops but I'm no longer able to connect to the configuration utility thru the web interface. I simply get the error message "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.xxx" (IE dosen't get through either).
The 323 is however pingable at that address.
I've downloaded the new version of Easy Search (3.8.) but it also is unable to find the DNS-323.
Yet, as I said earlier, the drives and everything on them are still accessible by XP on the desktop and Vista on the laptops!
Everything was working fine with version 1.03 of the firmware.
Anybody have any idea of what might be going on?
And yes... everything is backed up thank goodness, but I'd rather not go through the process of reformatting and transferring over 700 Gb of files!

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Issues after 1.04 firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »

Have you tried resetting the unit to defaults using the Pin-Hole reset on the back of the unit? This should reset all configuration settings to default and your DNS-323 should pickup an IP address from your router.

lucypotato

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »

Thanks for responding...
No I haven't tried the pin-hole reset... sounds like it could be a simple solution! Is it possible that it could cause an an issue that would force me to re-format/reload the drives? Although I realize it may come down to that to regain full functionality, things are still accessible at this point.

lucypotato

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »

Thanks!
I went ahead and used the pinhole reset button and everything is back to normal. I never would have guessed that that was the issue.