• April 18, 2024, 08:10:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SD recording and Motion detection  (Read 2205 times)

stamandr

• Level 1 Member
SD recording and Motion detection
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »

On my DCS-942L, SD recording is triggered by motion. Pre and post event settings are at 5 seconds each. Recording length is 6 minute per file. Motion detection sensitivity is 95%. If I jump up and down in front of the camera for 6 minutes I will never get a full 6 minute recording. Most times it will record for 20 or so seconds, then miss a minute or two and then record another 10 - 30 second recording. How can I get this thing to keep recording if there is movement ? It's useless as a security camera if it intermittently skips motion and doesn't record the video 100%. Any ideas before it goes back to the store ?

fousa

• Level 2 Member
Re: SD recording and Motion detection
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »

I have the same problem with the DCS-2332L. It records 20 seconds of the motion, miss a 15/20seconds of action and record another 20 seconds of the motion. I think the process of saving the file and generating the jpg thumbnail is stealing resources for the next record.. the file size limit is the culprit. It forces generate many files for just one motion.