• April 23, 2024, 03:16:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: 1.32 Build 3 Shareport issues.  (Read 49052 times)

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
1.32 Build 3 Shareport issues.
« on: July 27, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »

Continued from here.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=5287.0

Croket

• Level 1 Member
Re: 1.32 Build 3 Shareport issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »

Final 1.32 has not solved the printer connection problem. Still requiring a router restart in order to prints from any of my 4 machines.
Any one having any luck?

Dir-655
HW Ver A4
FW Ver 1.32
dir-655 HW Ver A4   FW 1.31

viinceennt

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »

Hey. I posted about this before, the latest firmware 1.32, it still has the shareport problem. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

In order for the shareport to work, you have to reset the router but changing the sharport settings to the WCN configuration settings. Once it restarts, then switch is back to shareport mode. After that, then that is when the shareport works (ONLY FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME). It requires constant reboots in order to use shareport which i belive is not right. If anyone has the firmware 1.21 and is thinking of upgrading the firmware, DO NOT unless you dont need your shareport.

Just wait until the tech of dlink fixes the issues, let other people test out the firmware and keep reading the forums to see if the latest firmware update is a lot more stable.

The 1.32 firmware, shareport doesnt work and my DNS is disabled. If I enable it, my router will last about 2 to 3 days until it locks up, which requires me to unplug my router and then plug it in. It would be nice to keep the DNS enabled WITHOUT locking up. But if you disable the DNS, the router lasts for about 6 to 7 days until it slows down so much that it requires a reboot.

The 1.32 is a LOT more stable than the 1.31 so if anyone has the firmware 1.31, i suggest a firmware update.

hopefully this information helps all. ^_^

mclearn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »

Not fixed in 1.32 Build 3 for me either. 

Worm

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

Hi,

I had a similar problem with all of the latest beta f/w releases up to build 3 of 1.32NA.  The problem would be that I could see a USB device, but when I tried to connect it would immediately pop up a dialogue box indicating that the connection failed.   I recall that somebody had mentioned installing the Silex app, so I downloaded and installed the Silex Virtual Link v3.2.3 with SXUPTP Driver 3.3.8.0).   As soon as I had installed this, the Silex client was able to immediately detect and connect to my external USB HD, and after disconnecting, I was able to use the Shareport client app also without any problem.  I haven't had any problems since over the last 3 days since installing.

The download form the Silex website was sx-virtual_link_win_323.zip from here:

http://www.silexamerica.com/support/downloads/software/svl/win/sx-virtual_link_win_323.zip

By the way, my Dlink router is the A4 h/w type.

Hope this helps.

W.

alien

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »

Thanks your link i'm able to connect my silvershield powermanager from the router
First Router Draytek Vigor 2310N for performance an VPN

Backup routers Dlink Dir855, DIR 655
Backup router ASUS WL500GP Premium en WL500g with DDWRT.

viinceennt

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »

Hey worm,

So i downloaded the link you put out, is that meant for PC? and is it like a 3rd party?

I installed it and its pretty much the exact same thing as the shareport program that dlink offers, and I am able to connect to my USB port (though i restarted my router). Im going to be waiting a few more days and see if I can still connect by using that program you gave out, the SX virtural link.

awesome :) Thanks for the info

stonehead

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 11:01:01 AM »

Wow! Great!  :)
Thank you, Worm.
I'll try it too.
Thanks again.

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »

Hey worm,

So i downloaded the link you put out, is that meant for PC? and is it like a 3rd party?

It's the original program/technology which is used by Dlink (license/rebranded)

viinceennt

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 05:24:56 PM »

Deamonized,

Sweet, thank you for the information. So far i still can connect, day 2? keep you guys posted.

thanks again :)

teribol

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »

downloaded and installed SX Virtual Link with SXUPTP version 3.3.8.0 but problem still exists. I have DIR 655 v A3G and using Windows 7.

viinceennt

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »

Hey guys,

So to report about that software, i agree with teribol... Shareport still has problems. even with the SX virtual link.

Worm

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 10:15:35 PM »

Yep,

Looks like today it finally gave up the ghost again.  I was actually excited to have Shareport working without messing up.   At least now after the Silex install, I don't get the immediate "connection failed" message.  I would love to know what is going on here though.  I bought the router so I wouldn't have to get a separate print server.

Sigh.

W.

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50:16 AM »

Yep,

Looks like today it finally gave up the ghost again.  I was actually excited to have Shareport working without messing up.   At least now after the Silex install, I don't get the immediate "connection failed" message.  I would love to know what is going on here though.  I bought the router so I wouldn't have to get a separate print server.

Sigh.

W.

Shareport is a nice feature, but cannot beat dedicated equipment (like a printserver). The problem seems to be caused by Windows. Some drivers(also others beside Shareport) just don't seem to work OK in certain setups or state (resume, hibernate etc). Or was it Windows that has flakey support for this?  ;)

teribol

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:04 AM »

hey..i got a new development...my first post about sx virtual link not working...that was for Windows 7...i used Windows XP and its working. I connected and tried copying large files..5 350 MB downloaded video files..no problem.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7