• April 25, 2024, 04:02:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: NEW firmware - 1.32 BETA 01  (Read 45295 times)

DCIFRTHS

• Level 2 Member
Re: NEW firmware - 1.32 BETA 01
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »

MAC FOLKS MIGHT WANT TO HOLD OFF IF YOU DON"T HAVE A WINDOWS MACHINE TO RECOVER WITH

I'm on an Apple MacBook Pro. I've never had issues with the firmware upgrade process by itself--beta or otherwise--until now. ...

Thank you for posting this information.

pbodq

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 03:16:10 AM »

it seems that the info still shows as 1.31 but the 1.31 *.gws cannot be applied directly

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:25:00 AM by pbodq »

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 03:40:23 AM »

Loading the new firmware has not resolved my problem with a dropped connection. The first time I ran my drive imaging software it stayed active for 22 minutes. The second try came in at 27 minutes. I'm going to see if I drop the connection if I don't run the imaging program.
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

vulkanbros

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 04:04:41 AM »

Runs great so far....it seems like the USB connection thing is working.... :)
Product: DIR-655 - HW Version: A2 - FW Version: 1.33NAb01

Product: DAP-1522 - HW Version: A1 FW: 1.20

Product: DWA-643 - HW Version: A1 - FW Version: 2.0

Product: DWA-160 - HW Version: A1 - FW Version: 1.20 E

Product: DCS-1130 - HW Version:A1 - FW Version: 1.01

Geraner

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 04:07:41 AM »

Firmware 1.32NA Beta1 is running very good on my router.
Saved my settings before I upgraded. Upload of old settings from 1.31 to 1.32 was no problem.

Web interface seems to be faster.

The problem I had with Access Control in Firmware 1.31 are gone with 1.32. :-)
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=5178.0

Until now I'm happy with this new firmware. :-)
DIR-825 - HW: B1 - Firmware: 2.05WW Build05 Beta01
DNS-323 - HW: B1- Firmware: 1.08 Beta build 05

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 04:12:31 AM »

I was hoping this would fix the problem I was having with UPnP port forwarding and Windows Home Server.  It did not.  WHS will configure the proper port forwarding and claim success.  Router will forget settings within 5 minutes and website will no longer be accessible from the internet.  Back to manual port forwarding...

UPnP and WHS seemed to work fine prior to version 1.31.  Now I am stuck.

I have done a complete reset and have not used any configuration files to setup the router.  I have also tried unchecking UPnP, rebooting the router, and re-checking UPnP, rebooting the router.  Like I said the router allows the UPnP forwarding to take place but then quickly forgets the settings.

Any suggestions from D-Link?

I am using a three or four month old DIR-655 A4 with 1.32NA beta.

Thanks,
CWagz

You should try UPnP and port forwarding with and without securespot and see how it works.
A3 1.3zzz

cmrivera

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:37 AM »

I was hoping this would fix the problem I was having with UPnP port forwarding and Windows Home Server.  It did not.  WHS will configure the proper port forwarding and claim success.  Router will forget settings within 5 minutes and website will no longer be accessible from the internet.  Back to manual port forwarding

Yeah, me too. I was excited to try it. I also still have the port forwarding issue and have tried 2 Tech support email replies to fix it without resolve. The router seems to operate smoother though with the new firmware. Please help us WHS users.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 07:19:29 AM »

Have you consulted a Microsoft tech already? it's also possible that WHS is cutting off the port...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Clancy

• Level 3 Member
  • I am not a number. I am a free man!
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:06 AM »

I believe I've found that my problem does not lie with Shareport but rather with USB's ability to write large amounts of data. I was receiving delayed write errors each time my image backup would fail and this in turn would cause the Shareport drive connection to fail. I found this passage (below) on a web site and there are suggestions for a solution. For anyone who has a USB drive hanging off of your DIR-655 and you receive a delayed write error, the fault is not with Shareport. It may also be a product of Paragon Software's Hot Processing technology. I currently am running a demo copy of Acronis imaging software. I don't know what technology they use to be able to backup a locked partition but I will investigate further. I'll find out when I get home if Acronis was successful. If it is, I'm going to try Paragon again only this time I will disable Hot Processing and use Microsofts Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) instead. If that does not work, then I will pursue options for correcting the delayed write error.

"The problem itself seems to be from a memory cache on the USB adapter which drives my disk. It seems that when accessing big files, the cache gets corrupted and the drive becomes inaccessible. To rectify that, a filter driver should be installed, which will limit the packets’ size sent to the USB adapter bus."
-and it continues
Thread derailment: So easy a caveman can do it.

mneddy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:36 AM »

Happy to inform that things went back to 1.21 normal state:

RTSP streaming is back (no more long delays)
WiFi drops less packets
Huge latency is no more

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 08:59:59 AM »

MAC FOLKS MIGHT WANT TO HOLD OFF IF YOU DON"T HAVE A WINDOWS MACHINE TO RECOVER WITH

I'm on an Apple MacBook Pro. I've never had issues with the firmware upgrade process by itself--beta or otherwise--until now.

I backed up my network settings like I always do so I can re-import them after the firmware upgrade pretty much zeros them out.

But then things got a little scary.

The firmware upgrade process went fine as expected--but when I tried to re-import the saved settings, I kept getting re-routed back to the log-in screen--and anytime after re-logging in that I tried to navigate to the ''Tools'' page I got returned to the log-in over and over.

I was stuck. I tried several more times, seeing the ''storm clouds'' of hours of recovery time ahead of me gathering on the horizon. I was potentially bricked. I couldn't even back-install to the 1.31 firmware because that's on the ''Tools'' page too!

Needless to say, things got anxious.

As a last resort before phoning technical support on how to reset the router, I decided to try the Dell/Windows XP machine with MSIE. Well, while I didn't get constantly locked out like I did on the Mac, I did get some sort of error about the settings being un-importable. So, I re-did my settings from scratch on the Windows XP machine via MSIE.

So far, so good...

However--Somebody in the lab may want to experiment with upgrading the firmware using a Mac with either Safari or Firefox. While I'm willing to admit that ''it's just me'' it just might be the platform/web browser at issue--and some poor Mac user without a ''windows to break in case of emergency'' may be totally bricked.

Anyway, too late to play around with the SharePort to see if it maybe works but there's always tomorrow.

Well considering we TELL you not to upgrade firmware or even configure the router with anything other then IE, this behavior doesn't surprise me. Firefox should work, but the fact that it's installed on a Mac still is a cause for concern.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »

I was hoping this would fix the problem I was having with UPnP port forwarding and Windows Home Server.  It did not.  WHS will configure the proper port forwarding and claim success.  Router will forget settings within 5 minutes and website will no longer be accessible from the internet.  Back to manual port forwarding...

UPnP and WHS seemed to work fine prior to version 1.31.  Now I am stuck.

I have done a complete reset and have not used any configuration files to setup the router.  I have also tried unchecking UPnP, rebooting the router, and re-checking UPnP, rebooting the router.  Like I said the router allows the UPnP forwarding to take place but then quickly forgets the settings.

Any suggestions from D-Link?

I am using a three or four month old DIR-655 A4 with 1.32NA beta.

Thanks,
CWagz

We are aware of the UPnP failure for WHS, and are working to correct it before the final release.

CWagz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »

We are aware of the UPnP failure for WHS, and are working to correct it before the final release.

Awesome!  I have been using DIR-655s since WHS beta and they have always been the most reliable at UPnP forwarding. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

CWagz

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »

Does anyone remote desktop a lot?  I have been having an issue with 1.31 where my remote desktop sessions to work drop like crazy.  When I use another router, no drops.  Guess I should just load up this beta this weekend.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »

Any screen shots/packet captures/ or evidnce at all of WHS failing to work properly with 1.3X+ firmware would be a great help.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6