• April 17, 2024, 06:28:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't connect to Internet through older Toshiba Satellite  (Read 3226 times)

TerriS51

• Level 1 Member
Can't connect to Internet through older Toshiba Satellite
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »

I just bought the DLink  since I got a new computer and wanted the "N" speed.  I am able to connect the new laptop (HP), the Dell (a few years old), but not the Toshiba.  It is probably 7 years old.  The network says it's connected and the connection is excellent, but when I click on IE, it partially loads a page and then says website not found.  If I turned off WPA and have "no security" I can get to the Internet.  I spent almost an hour on the phone with the tech support and basically they said it wasn't the router, but the laptop.  I asked then why does it work with no security and got no response.  This is really frustrating since I can hook up the old router and the Toshiba connects to the Internet with WPA. 

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do?   Do you think if I buy an usb wifi adapter n it would connect?  This laptop only has USB 1.1, would that be a problem? 

Thanks if anyone can help me since I really didn't feel I got much help from tech support.

carstunts

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't connect to Internet through older Toshiba Satellite
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 07:52:34 AM »

Try and do your Windows Updates as in new Windows Updates it addresses this issue (if I remember correctly). An update will probably address any issues with newer security encryption. I would suggest trying just Basic WEP encryption and see if connects with that. If it works with that, then you know that it's not the router, but a problem with the encryption settings on the computer.