• April 23, 2024, 10:16:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Normal Operations for DIR 601  (Read 4518 times)

Treize

• Level 1 Member
Normal Operations for DIR 601
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:16:39 AM »

My last router died after 3 years and I purchased the DIR 601 router to replace it. Could someone tell me what the normal operation of this device is like? Should the lights be blinking or steady? My previous router displayed steady green lights when a port was in use and also a steady green light for Internet. This router has everything blinking from the ports to the globe representing the internet connection and even the wireless led.

Just trying to see if something is wrong, because the CD refused to work and had to call for a manual installation using the IP address. I am also getting very slow download speeds, when things were much faster on my older and cheaper router. A 230MB file took 35 mins which definately isnt normal on 25Mbps connection Any help would be much appreciated
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:18:33 AM by Treize »

revillug

• Level 1 Member
Re: Normal Operations for DIR 601
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:30:23 PM »

Friend, I think the problem is in your router, my (DIR-601) always has the lights to flicker and this is normal, the more doors that are not in use can not be lit. I have many video tutorials about (DIR-601), any questions let me know