• March 29, 2024, 01:03:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Feature Request: Longer Motion Retrigger Delay option.  (Read 7183 times)

glanthomas

• Level 1 Member
Feature Request: Longer Motion Retrigger Delay option.
« on: August 21, 2018, 11:35:15 AM »

I would like to set the Motion Retrigger Delay to more than 5 mins, (10 or so mins) maybe have the option to set an arbitrary number of mins (or seconds).

The scenario:

I'm using an Omna 180 in my in my garage. I'm using the motion detector to switch on the main lights when the door is opened or someone enters from the house. I've set up a timer on the lights so they switch off after 4mins. I've set the Motion Retrigger Delay on the Omna to 5 mins.

The issue is that the motorized door open also has a light which doesn't go off until after 10 mins which causes the Omna to trigger a second time and put the main lights on. If I could set the Motion Retrigger Delay to longer than 10 mins this wouldn't be an issue.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Feature Request: Longer Motion Retrigger Delay option.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 12:53:04 PM »

Can your garage door light time out be changed in any way?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:01:50 PM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 01:51:44 PM »

To set the Motion Retrigger Delay to a longer duration on your Omna 180 camera, you will need to access the camera's settings or configuration interface. Here are some general steps you can follow:

Connect to the Omna 180 camera: Ensure that you are connected to the same network as the camera. You can usually access the camera's settings through a web browser or a dedicated mobile app.

Access the camera's settings: Open the web browser or the mobile app and enter the camera's IP address or scan for available cameras. Once connected, navigate to the settings or configuration section.

Find the Motion Retrigger Delay option: Look for the specific setting related to the Motion Retrigger Delay. It might be listed as "Retrigger Interval" or something similar. Check for submenus or advanced settings if needed.

Adjust the Motion Retrigger Delay: Once you locate the Motion Retrigger Delay option
garage epoxy flooring phoenix, modify the value to the desired duration. Some cameras allow you to input an arbitrary number of minutes or seconds, while others may provide predefined options to choose from. Select a value that suits your needs, such as 10 minutes.

Save and apply the changes: After adjusting the Motion Retrigger Delay, save the settings or apply the changes. The camera will now wait for the specified duration before retriggering the motion detection.

Remember, the exact steps and interface may vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer of your Omna 180 camera. Refer to the camera's user manual or online documentation for detailed instructions tailored to your device.

By setting a longer Motion Retrigger Delay, you should be able to address the issue of the motorized door light triggering the camera's motion detection system and avoiding unnecessary activations of the main lights in your garage.

If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, it may be helpful to consult the camera's user manual or reach out to the manufacturer's support for specific guidance related to your device.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 01:54:10 PM by agalloway »

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 05:29:22 PM »

A 2018 thread just to post your spam link.
Pretty sad, man.