The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-321

DNS-321 In case it can be resurrected...

(1/2) > >>

JeremyJo:
I have a DNS-321 which appears to boot and run, but I cannot update firmware. I always get an error it wasn't valid firmware.  Also, whenever I log in, I get presented with the screen to format and setup RAID for the two hard drives.

How may I troubleshoot and perhaps bring this back to a usable device?

Thanks

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DNS? Look at the sticker behind or under the device.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DNSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Can you format the drives and set them up? I would set them up for standard formatting and not RAID and test to see if the DNS will work.

It's not necessary to always update FW. If the DNS works as is, keep it working.  ;)

JeremyJo:
Thanks for the reply.

Hardware version says A2
I think firmware is 1.0 - I've tried updating to 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 even tried to install an aftermarket version and all give errors.  But I can log in to the box and adjust settings etc.

I tried to set up a couple drives and it acts as if it completes, but when I go to the web page of the device it shows as if the drives have NOT been configured.  All this, but I never see an error screen saying something is wrong. It just doesn't seem to actually "take"

FurryNutz:
What browser are you using? Try IE11 in compatibility mode or FF browser...

JeremyJo:
I was using Chrome, but I will try IE11 and/or FF

Thanks

Jeremy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version