The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-850L

IPv6 trouble

<< < (3/3)

FurryNutz:
Seems like your MiLan switch may be a routing and DHCP server as well. It is a managed switch. So you might be in a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. This will cause problems like this with IPv6.
Link>Double NAT and How NAT Works.

Is there any other modem or ONT device before this switch?

Try the 850L in LAN to LAN AP mode. This will act as a pass thru for IP address and internet traffic while providing wifi access as well. Think of it as adding wifi to the MiLan router since it doesn't have wifi support. This should work well.

datagramm:
As the MiLAN switch is owned by ma ISP I can't check what it actually does. This means also that I don't know if there is a firewall running on it. It might assign a public IP without a firewall to my printer …

FurryNutz:
Let us know what happens if you change the DIR router in to a AP.

datagramm:
I got some additional information from my provider about their DCHP and IP address policies:

Every subscription gets 2 public IPv4 addresses and an unlimited number of IPv6 addresses. Their DHCP lease time is 24 hours and there is no NAT on their side. Thus turning the DIR into a wireless switch and attaching it to the MiLAN switch wont give a usable result for IPv4 because there must be a NAT routing device in between.

FurryNutz:
Ok, thanks for this information. Helps to clarify this issue.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. This maybe a FW issue that we can't resolve here in the forums. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version