• April 17, 2024, 10:06:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Enable and use remote administration  (Read 18626 times)

hacker212

• Level 1 Member
Enable and use remote administration
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:45:46 AM »

Hi Folks,

I'm a new customer of Dlink product, and i purchased Dlink Router DIR 600, but i do not know how to configure the Remote Administration, so i can access my router from a different place? please somebody who can help me.

thanks.

gothe16

• Level 1 Member
Re: Enable and use remote administration
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 05:58:23 AM »

i think by default this router has a web based ip that you could access anywhere. just type http://192.168.0.1 on the browser your using and the dlink web based utility will pop out. i havent tried this though but i think you must setup the router's username and password first....

altair_xms

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:52:29 PM »

this adress is for local LAN ... try to look on user manual ... if you need something else use goole

gadaffy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:31:20 AM »

Hi Folks,

I'm a new customer of Dlink product, and i purchased Dlink Router DIR 600, but i do not know how to configure the Remote Administration, so i can access my router from a different place? please somebody who can help me.

thanks.

Hi!

U must have static ip from yr ISP, and  U have to enable on yr router the remote acces, and open a port number for that. After all this done, u can remotely acces yr router like this:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8088 where XXX is yr IP adress, and 8088 is yr port number.
That's all.
Have fun!
P.s. Don't forget to set idle time to 0, altough that will log off the net connection
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:59:06 AM by gadaffy »