• April 24, 2024, 05:15:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Severe repeatable glitch in settings please help!!!  (Read 4791 times)

GGlover

Severe repeatable glitch in settings please help!!!
« on: October 25, 2008, 04:21:54 PM »

Hello I just got a 4500 and have a weird problem that repeats every time I disable wireless. The problem is that NO settings will be saved at all if I disable wireless. when I hit the save button (under any tab), the router just reboots and nothing that was saved prior to disabling wireless is there. The only way to do ANY changes is to "restore to factory default" in tools/system. And NOT disable wireless.

The only reason I want to be able to disable the wireless radio at all is because I only use it occasionally and don't need or want it on all the time. I use the wired supposed 1/Gbps connection mostly.

I'm using 1.13 for the firmware. Can any of you duplicate this (for that matter would you want to?)? Or is it just my router? Thanks!

Ohh and another thing, I can't seem to connect at anything above 10/Mbps (wired) except for yesterday and the day before, I got 1000/Mbps (seemed the same speedwise to me but that 1000/Mbps just looks fancy in the task bar ;) ) Oh and I did nothing differently, it just "auto-decides" to go low or high I guess.

Any help in either of these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:23:31 PM by GGlover »

IG88

• Level 1 Member
Re: Severe repeatable glitch in settings please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »

Did you upgrade this router from a previous version, and then import your settings back to it?  If you did, you will need to do a reset on the router, and setup all of your settings by hand (no importing of old settings) to get it to stop doing the reboot everytime you try and save.

Worked for me.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:18:21 AM »

You need to roll back to 1.12, theres a problem with 1.13 and saving or changing settings that has already been discussed in another thread.  To roll back reset the router using the hard reset button on the case and when it reboots immediately go the flash page and have it load 1.12 and reflash itself.  If you don't clear it out using the hard reset it won't allow you to roll back.

GGlover

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »

I'm returning it to where I bought it. Because now (and I haven't changed anything mind you) when I boot up my PC it takes roughly 3 minutes (after being fully booted or if I unplug the connection) before my machine acquires an IP. When plugged straight into the modem it works instantly, but for some reason the router takes forever to assign an IP to my pc even when I had my MAC reserved in the router and/or DHCP set off with a static IP in my Network adapter. I was fully happy with my 4100 until lightning fried it and then I wanted to see what kind of newer upgrade I could get... Man was I wrong. Does the 4300 have these kinds of problems? Thanks for the help.

arod

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »

I would go with what IG88 said in the previous thread.  ;)

GGlover

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »

Nope, I was using it brand new. I had input all my settings manually. I'm still within my return period, so I'm just sending it back. I'll probably go buy the trusty ol' 4100 again (this time properly surge protected tho).