• May 06, 2024, 06:26:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Works sometimes  (Read 4228 times)

Dave Z

• Level 1 Member
Works sometimes
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »

Have 4 cameras in our house. About 50% of the time they just "time out".  Other times work great. Installed these about a year ago. Downloaded new firmware at that time. Also have Apple TV, printer, repeater, all talking to the router. Router is a Linksys E2000. Thanks in advance.

Dave Z

• Level 1 Member
Re: Works sometimes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:33:38 AM »

Test
Unplugged all other devices
Rebooted router and cameras
Works great
6 hrs later, only 2 working, other 2 just time out

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »

I don't know if this is the same problem as with you, but I occasionally experience a loss of video feed.  The screen is basically black background with a message (I forget exact words) in blue text.  Cycling power always clears this problem up, but sometimes only temporarily (a few hours or days).  All other indications (green LED) seem normal.

One of the cameras that I was having trouble with was located farther from an outlet than the included power supply would reach.  I had soldered additional wire to compensate.  Considering the possibility of low voltage as a result of my cable extension, I replaced the entire length of wire between the wall power supply and plug with larger conductor (possibly 14 guage).  Suddenly, I have no problems with this camera.  Ever.  It has been many months since doing this without a single dropped video feed.

Of the three -932 cameras I now have, only one exhibits this problem any more (and it has been operating continuously now for a couple of weeks without exhibiting this problem).  If this happens one more time on the remaining trouble device, I will perform the same modification on its power supply cable.  If this clears up the problem, I will report back. 

I am still fascinated that larger wire appears to have solved this problem for the other camera.

Dave Z

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »

Thanks. Mine are all direct plug in.
Black screen with a wheel spinning, then message timed out
12 hrs later, no reboots, no changes and all 4 work now
I also have them set to a low frames/sec and high res
Nothing logical yet

Dave Z

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »

Random still, sometimes great, others just times out and no video.

Dave Z

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:39:53 AM »

The iPhone app was updated and works great now
The iPad app has not and still has less than a 50% chance of working on a given day