• April 28, 2024, 03:48:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WAN Connection Not Working  (Read 6370 times)

kilestrith

• Level 1 Member
WAN Connection Not Working
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

I followed the installation instructions for the DIR-600 but failed to complete the install. When the wizard on the installation CD ran, it made it through the first two steps but failed on step 3. In this step I see the message 'Waiting for Router...' and then after a few minutes it sends me to a page that suggests some steps to take next. So I tried installing the router manually but after everything is hooked up there is no WAN LED lit up. I can connect and log in to the router from my PC just fine but cannot get out on the internet. I tried two different ethernet cables between the 'Internet' connection on the router and the 'Internet' port on my cable modem but both had the same results. I know my cable modem is working because I can plug directly into it with my PC and get out to the internet. Any ideas what I should try next?

rmoreno

• Level 1 Member
Re: WAN Connection Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »

If you received this DIR-600 wireless router, it will work for a couple of days or week but it stop.

To resolved to this issue UPDATE THE FIRMWARE to 1.01.

franserv

• Level 1 Member
Re: WAN Connection Not Working
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »

make sure when you install that you connect from your computer to the 1st port on the router not the internet port.