• April 18, 2024, 03:02:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to enter admin page from the internet?  (Read 6944 times)

wifilink

• Level 2 Member
How to enter admin page from the internet?
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »

I can enter the camera admin page and see the live view from within my home network (192.168.0.XXX) but how do I access this from the internet? I have a D-Link 4300 router but can't figure out how to set this up. Right now it's set up using DHCP. Do I have to use my ISP IP or the internal (192.168.0.XXX)?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:28:21 PM by wifilink »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: How to enter admin page from the internet?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:52:59 AM »

I can enter the camera admin page and see the live view from within my home network (192.168.0.XXX) but how do I access this from the internet? I have a D-Link 4300 router but can't figure out how to set this up. Right now it's set up using DHCP. Do I have to use my ISP IP or the internal (192.168.0.XXX)?

If you want to directly access your camera from the open Internet, you will need to enable and setup port forwarding on the DIR-4300 and assign a specific port for the DCS-5020L. Once configured, you should be able to access the DCS-5020L using your ISP IP address + port number combination.

Alternatively, the setup page is accessible from the mydlink website.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

wifilink

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »

Ok I got it. The port that I was using wasn't working for some reason. I tried a few different ones and finally found one that works.

Also will the mydlink app for the iphone have presets like in the admin page? It takes so long to pan the camera all the way around by tapping the arrows.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »

Ok I got it. The port that I was using wasn't working for some reason. I tried a few different ones and finally found one that works.

Also will the mydlink app for the iphone have presets like in the admin page? It takes so long to pan the camera all the way around by tapping the arrows.

I don't personally own a D-Link pan/tilt camera, so I'm not sure what functionality is supported by the app(s). Another member will have to chime in here...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RoughRiver

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 07:13:12 PM »

Who can really say what D-Link will include in a future release, but why wait? Now that you have port forwarding operational, look into an app called "IP Cam Viewer Lite" (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ip-cam-viewer-lite/id397322405?mt=8) in the app store. I use the Android version and it supports the 5020 and supports the presets.

pish180

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »

It's quite common that non-business internet service will block incoming common ports.  Meaning if you did not request something on port 80 you will not get any traffic on port 80 to your home router.  They have several reasons why they do this and they are for good reasons.   As you found out you have to change the port, if UPNP is enabled it will update the firewall rules to allow a connection in from the outside.  I have found the firmware to be quite buggy.  I have had to press the reset button several times already.

You may also want to consider getting DDNS (Dynamic DNS) service that way you don't have to memorize your IP address (which will change from time to time if you are running this from your home).