• March 28, 2024, 10:26:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 406535 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2013, 05:59:48 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add control for user language
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Maintain open FTP session until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Include a text string in the email notifications indicating the motion detection grid area(s) breached during a motion detection event
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to FTP images immediately before and after a motion detection event (similar to the current email option)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »

I've been reviewing this list and have some questions for the DCS-930L owner community:

• Can a DCS-930L owner validate whether whether the DCS-930L still has any password length constraints (8 characters) on the latest? This issue was fixed on newer DCS-932L firmware.
  • Can a DCS-930L camera owner validate whether the image zooms from the center of the video frame versus the corner. This issue was also fixed on newer DCS-932L firmware.
  • Are there other issues that were fixed?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:10:32 PM by JavaLawyer »

glawtoniii

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »

Hi, I use ftp to upload images to a yahoo website.  Yahoo is enforcing ftps, a secure version of ftp using SSL?
I would like to request that the DCS-930L firmware support ftps in a future release.  Yahoo is disabling ftp Feb 19, 2013...so my webcam feed from the dCS-930L magically disappears on that date.
Thanks,
g

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2013, 05:02:20 AM »

Hi, I use ftp to upload images to a yahoo website.  Yahoo is enforcing ftps, a secure version of ftp using SSL?
I would like to request that the DCS-930L firmware support ftps in a future release.  Yahoo is disabling ftp Feb 19, 2013...so my webcam feed from the dCS-930L magically disappears on that date.
Thanks,
g

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2013, 05:04:33 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - FTPS support
  • FTP - Maintain open FTP session until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Include a text string in the email notifications indicating the motion detection grid area(s) breached during a motion detection event
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to FTP images immediately before and after a motion detection event (similar to the current email option)
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

nunyabness

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:44 PM »

Is there a model in your product line that will allow me to send email on motion detection during a specified schedule? This product is worthless without that feature. Not sure what this product is for otherwise. The schedule feature sends pictures at a specified interval. Does one really expect the user to troll through hundreds of emails daily to see if anything happened? Or, if I set it to motion detection. Is it for my own amusement to take random photos of me while at home and send useless emails to myself?

The most troubling aspect is I just purchased this product 3-20-2013. nearly 2 years after original posts requesting D-Link to resolve this issue and the issue still exists! Exactly what does D-Link garner from its forums. This puts a bad taste in my mouth about the whole D-Link product line. Look for these products to be shipped back to your inventory. Very dismal performance D-Link

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »

Is there a model in your product line that will allow me to send email on motion detection during a specified schedule? This product is worthless without that feature. Not sure what this product is for otherwise. The schedule feature sends pictures at a specified interval. Does one really expect the user to troll through hundreds of emails daily to see if anything happened? Or, if I set it to motion detection. Is it for my own amusement to take random photos of me while at home and send useless emails to myself?

The most troubling aspect is I just purchased this product 3-20-2013. nearly 2 years after original posts requesting D-Link to resolve this issue and the issue still exists! Exactly what does D-Link garner from its forums. This puts a bad taste in my mouth about the whole D-Link product line. Look for these products to be shipped back to your inventory. Very dismal performance D-Link

The new DCS-933L, successor to the DCS-932L, contains motion detection on a schedule functionality.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2013, 05:20:05 AM »

ok, I tried the longer password with 1.08 fw and seem to be working. Will test special characters :-)

Updating list. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:31 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Admin password length too short [FIXED!]
  • FTP - FTPS support
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]

• [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]

jporum

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »

One thing I do not like in the wireless setup page is that it shows the pre-shared key that you previously entered in plain text.  None of my other WiFi connected devices (nor does my router) do this - they all just show dots instead for security purposes so that your WiFi network password is never displayed.

I'd like the 930 to do this as well.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-930L Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2013, 08:54:02 PM »

I will  put this on the top of the list:

•Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule

My use case: I want to monitor my home while the kids are at school, so that they return to safe home.

The user define schedule in my case is M-F from 9 AM to 3 PM and don't want to be flooded with motion detection e-mail alerts at other times, when we are home.

You would be better served by buying an updated camera that has these features.

For real - Nothing is going to happen for a 930L.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »

You would be better served by buying an updated camera that has these features.

For real - Nothing is going to happen for a 930L.

My bad... I replied to a post from 2+ years ago... and just "fast forwarded" to the end of this post and saw the 932 or 933 or something has this functionality...

:-\ ::)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2013, 04:41:23 AM »

My bad... I replied to a post from 2+ years ago... and just "fast forwarded" to the end of this post and saw the 932 or 933 or something has this functionality...

:-\ ::)

Happens to all of us.  ;)
. . . And thanks for sharing the DCS-2132L screenshots

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2013, 04:44:01 AM »

One thing I do not like in the wireless setup page is that it shows the pre-shared key that you previously entered in plain text.  None of my other WiFi connected devices (nor does my router) do this - they all just show dots instead for security purposes so that your WiFi network password is never displayed.

I'd like the 930 to do this as well.

Added... ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:14 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• FTP - FTPS support
  • Security - Hide pre-shared key (i.e. do not display as plain text)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11