• April 26, 2024, 04:37:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot Connect to Router  (Read 6086 times)

faltu780

• Level 1 Member
Cannot Connect to Router
« on: November 03, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »

Hi, I am running Windows 7 x64 edition. I have tried pretty much everything to try to get my network card to connect to any network.

I have an old Belkin Wireless G usb network card that easily connects with my home network.

After I installed the latest drivers on the D-Link site for the DWA-556 the Dlink Software tried to find my network and it found it successful. I entered in my password but the card will not connect to the network. I hit activate and still nothing.

I even took the suggestion of some people on the forum to use the older Vista x64 drivers, but it was to no avail.

I then proceeded to try out the drivers after uninstalling the card a third time without the D-link software, by updating the drivers directly through windows (finding drivers on disk). Still its the same problem.

The card can see the different connections, but it completely fails to connect to any of them.

My connection is WPA2 AES Mixed 20/40 Auto. It basically mimics the guidelines you have stickied at the top of this forum.

Please help as I think this is an excellent deal for a network card and I would not want to return it.

Thank you.