• April 23, 2024, 10:57:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Flaky DRM support  (Read 4473 times)

cfreund

• Level 1 Member
Flaky DRM support
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:22:05 PM »

I have had trouble consistently getting my protected music downloads (Napster & Wal-Mart protected by Microsoft DRM) to play consistently.  Some times a song will play, but if i ask to play it again, it will tell me that I do not have permission.  Othr times I cannot get any of protected content to play.  I am using Windows Media Player 11 as the server and when I boot up the DSM-520, it tells me that it has successfully logged in to the server and that I can now play protected content.

Any ideas?

randym431

• Level 1 Member
Re: Flaky DRM support
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:31:27 AM »

DRM is a nightmare. I have the same issues with video download services like movielink, walmarts download service and cinemanow. One time they play, the next not. The license has to be resent to fix, but expect the problem to happen over and over.
I stopped using any download services using drm infected media. Its a joke.

cfreund

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:31 AM »

Problem resolved.  The DRM permissions were updated when I played them on the computer (Napster downloaded content with expiration dates that needed to be refreshed).  All DRM content now plays.  This is great!  If I think of a song I want to hear, a couple of clicks on the computer and down it comes and over to the home entertainment system and there it is on the D-Link ready to fill the living room with the sound.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »

Excellent!!
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream