• March 29, 2024, 08:31:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IP randomly changing, causing issues  (Read 6166 times)

aiofe

• Level 1 Member
IP randomly changing, causing issues
« on: January 04, 2021, 04:41:02 PM »

I set the camera (DCS-8302LH) up using the app, no problems there. It is wirelessly connected to a range extender (TL-WA860RE) which gets it's signal from my main router. Everything works fine when using the app. The problem I have is that the IP of the camera keeps changing. This isn't a problem when using the mydlink app. It IS a problem when it is connected to the surveilance station on my Synology disk station as it requires a static IP for the camera. Firstly, I don't want to pay for cloud storage when I have a synology disk station with 64TB of storage on it that I use with other D-Link cameras (DCS-5222LB) and franlky, I don't want my footage in the cloud or anywhere else online for that matter. I don't want to use a storage card as the camera is easily reached and is vunerable to having the card removed. If the camera gets destroyed or stolen is not really a concern, storage of footage is...

There is no way, as far as I can see to assign a static IP to the camera via the app and unlike the DCS-5222LB there doesn't seem to be a web based UI that can be used to alter the settings, unlike the DCS-5222LB where pretty much everything is adjustable, including setting a static IP

Am I missing something? Is there a way to give the DCS-8302LH a static IP? It is a pretty fundemental requirement for an IP camera?

Another thing, when testing the camera with the Synology surveilance station it disables access to the camera via the app, why is that?

Anyway, thanks for reading and any suggestions are welcome.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: IP randomly changing, causing issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »

Assign a IP address reservation ON the host router for the camera.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:00:22 AM »

Another thing, when testing the camera with the Synology surveilance station it disables access to the camera via the app, why is that?

How many streams is the camera capable of? 

Are you able to view it on PC without the synology AND the app at the same time? (Removes synology from the equation proving it can stream to both at the same time).

aiofe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 09:22:07 AM »

Assign a IP address reservation ON the host router for the camera.
I did that but it didn't help

aiofe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 09:24:35 AM »

How many streams is the camera capable of? 

Are you able to view it on PC without the synology AND the app at the same time? (Removes synology from the equation proving it can stream to both at the same time).

There is no way to view it on PC as D-Link have decided we don't need a browser based UI and instead force their pretty useless app on us, which has no option to set a static IP

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 01:15:27 AM »

Assigning a static IP to your DCS-8302LH camera is indeed important for integration with your Synology surveillance station. While I can provide some general guidance, please note that the specific steps may vary depending on your network setup and camera firmware version. Here's what you can try:

Reserve IP address on the router: Log in to your router's administration interface and look for a feature called "DHCP Reservation" or "Address Reservation." This feature allows you to assign a specific IP address to a device based on its MAC address. Find the MAC address of your DCS-8302LH camera (usually listed on the camera or in the camera settings) and create a DHCP reservation with a static IP address within your local network range.

Set static IP on the camera (if supported): Although you mentioned that there is no web-based UI for the DCS-8302LH, it's worth checking if the camera itself provides any configuration options for setting a static IP. Consult the camera's documentation or contact D-Link support to confirm if this feature is available.

Create a VLAN (Virtual LAN): If your router supports VLANs, you can create a separate VLAN for your camera and assign a static IP address within that VLAN. This can help isolate the camera's network traffic and ensure a consistent IP assignment.

Regarding the camera being disabled when testing with the Synology surveillance station, it's possible that the app may temporarily disable access to the camera while it is being accessed by another application. This could be a limitation of the camera's firmware or the surveillance station software. However, this behavior may vary depending on the specific configuration and software versions get. To get a better understanding of this behavior, it's recommended to consult the camera's documentation or reach out to Synology support.

If none of the above options work or if you need further assistance, I recommend contacting D-Link support directly. They can provide more specific guidance based on your camera model and firmware version, and help you with any camera-specific settings or firmware updates that may be available.

Remember to have your camera's model number, firmware version, and any relevant network configuration details ready when contacting support for more efficient assistance.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 05:00:36 AM »

Nice, you finally learned how to embed your spam links.